Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TK to Ganassi?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last night when I first saw the report it was a one year extension. I wake up to see a five year deal. Man they must have thrown so big $$$$$ in Tony's direction to get him to stay an babysit.

What the hell is TK thinking???

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris333
    Wheldon's got to be out, don't you think? He's getting regularly blown away by Dixon, who frankly isn't even that good. Chip will find somebody else.

Tracy? I can't see that relationship working.
    Seabass? Maybe, if he loses his job a STR.
    And again, let's AJA and Scott Speed back in open wheel where they belong.

Dixon isn't even that good ......just fluke he has another pole today
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me, it is dissapointing news. I was hoping TK would move to Ganassi. Nevertheless, I wish much success for TK and finally an Indy title.

My advice to TK: if your teammates don't treat you as a teammate, do the same with them. Never let them pass even if their strategy is different, don't share you setups, don't be shy to attack them on the last corner. And please, beat the hell out of them.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The more that I think about this, the more I begin to think honda may have had more than usual to do with this. AGR is still the only factor honda team in the ICS and in 2011 factory bucks should be back into competition. Honda, I doubt, would want their factory team with little useful feedback, so they made a bit of an effort($$$) to keep Kanaan there instead of TCGR who has been traditionally Toyota backed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
    The more that I think about this, the more I begin to think honda may have had more than usual to do with this. AGR is still the only factor honda team in the ICS and in 2011 factory bucks should be back into competition. Honda, I doubt, would want their factory team with little useful feedback, so they made a bit of an effort($$$) to keep Kanaan there instead of TCGR who has been traditionally Toyota backed.

interesting thought
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris333
    Wheldon's got to be out, don't you think? He's getting regularly blown away by Dixon, who frankly isn't even that good.

Dude... Are you watching the same series as I am. Have some respect for Dixon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champcarray
    "I've been here for six years and it will be another five so hopefully I'll be able to have a nice retirement party by the time I finish my contract. I'm happy that I know where I am going to be."

He doesnt sound very hungry. Maybe Chip is lucky he didnt sign....

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
    Good points. Yeah, I can see why Honda would want him to stay with AGR. My question is, why would he want to stay in that Daycare Center of a team? But there was some mention of a clause in the TCGR contract that Kanaan didn't like. But as you suggest, maybe it was the payment clause.

Ol' Chipster certainly seemed to be taken off guard by Kanaan's move. Didn't see that one coming, did he?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alex Lloyd is probably behind all this.
    He gets TK to talk to Chip, to get ready to do a deal, then use this as leverage to get AGR to up their offer.
    In the meantime, Dan gets deeply demoralised that Chip would have signed TK immediately, whilst Dan is still not signed up, so Dan goes to RLR or Vision, where he would lift either team and be appreciated.
    Thus freeing up the #10 car for Alex Lloyd.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The astrounauts didn't land on the moon either did they?

I suspect it was simply frustration with the prince and princess of AGR that had him looking and Honda Yen and familiarity kept him where he wanted to be in the first place.
    HINCHTOWN!!