Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Valencia Street circuit

I was skeptical, but after seeing an onboard from F3, I think the Valencian Street circuit is damn good. It's got sweeping straights, tight double apex corners, fast kinks and sequences of corners requiring total commitment. And concrete barriers to punish mistakes.

Map:

F3 Onboard:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAzqDuWNa2M

Seeing the formula one cars blast around that circuit will be excellent, especially the section between the hairpin to the far left of the map, and the final corner.

Thoughts?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looking forward to it !!
    cy bais

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    There's already a "pre-release" version of this track for the GTR2 game and I must say it is really fast in places. You have got to be committed to some spots, but mostly its very heavy braking points that were interesting to deal with. Expect lots of overtaking
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    It looks quite technically demanding and its long too. Looks good to me. I'm really delighted to see the little room for error, me not being a fan of endless tarmac run offs.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like it could be interesting. Personally I'm not expecting all that much overtaking apart from where the driver in front has made a mistake, but it at least does look possible, unlike Monaco.

It's a bit ugly though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can someone find a map of this on Google?

Thank you!

Edit: Found it.

Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Cummins
    It looks quite technically demanding and its long too. Looks good to me. I'm really delighted to see the little room for error, me not being a fan of endless tarmac run offs.
    I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    Looks like it could be interesting. Personally I'm not expecting all that much overtaking apart from where the driver in front has made a mistake, but it at least does look possible, unlike Monaco.

It's a bit ugly though.
    I think theres potential for a few passes, namely at the second corner, the turn 12 and 17 hairpins, and the final corner has the potential for passing moves if the drivers are up for total commitment out of that kink. It mightn't be the prettiest from the drivers eye, but generally thats what you get with street circuits. Unfortunately even the prettiest circuits like Spa are gradually becoming more ugly and forgiving with tarmac runoff.

My only complaint is that the corners don't have names :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a great circuit for racing since it's not really streets anymore, I believe the circuit designer basically kept overtaking in mind thus 80% of the circuit is based on making more overtaking opportunities. So there are not a lot of real fast corners and also the scene is a little bland, neverthless, if it provides great racing opportunities then I'm all for it.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Looking forward to it !

I like street tracks in general as they require a higher level of commitment and are less forgiving and this one looks pretty good with some fast straights and kinks and combinations of slow corners where passing might be possible.
    Of course we will know when the GP rolls around and I hope the track is wider at a couple of places so passing is possible and not just a blast through the streets.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks good for action and overtaking, and being the first time it is run I reckon there'll be plenty of mistakes leading to more overtaking than usual. It does not look ugly to me, it is just urban...
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion: