Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I never understand why everyone leaves at the same time. When I went to see the CART/CCWS races in the UK it was the same, unless you just sit around and soak up the atmosphere like I did. I had no problems at all getting out, but people still moan about it here now.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I am contemplating going for the first time. Can anyone offer any advice on how long it takes to get to ones seat after leaving the expressway? Is there usually any sort of backup on the expressway?

The race starts at 6:00 and I am trying to determine what time I need to leave Cincinnati to make sure I arrive in time, but at the same time minimize my sun baking time.

Gary
    Josh Kelly concert at 4:30.

Buy a pit pass and stroll the garrage area.

Humidity is supposed to be low this weekend so the area under the grandstand (out of the sun) will be comfortable.

Leave downtown at 3:30 and relax. Exit 57 is only 42 miles away and according to some folks on this forum, no one shows up so there won't be any traffic. But then, I didn't say that because I apparently don't exist because I am one of the "no ones" who has shown up for the last 7 or 8 years.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf
    Josh Kelly concert at 4:30.

Buy a pit pass and stroll the garrage area.

Humidity is supposed to be low this weekend so the area under the grandstand (out of the sun) will be comfortable.

Leave downtown at 3:30 and relax. Exit 57 is only 42 miles away and according to some folks on this forum, no one shows up so there won't be any traffic. But then, I didn't say that because I apparently don't exist because I am one of the "no ones" who has shown up for the last 7 or 8 years.

Some of the seating is shaded???

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Some of the seating is shaded???

Gary
    No, I don't think so; just a food and beverage area. I guess you could see the track from there, but by 6:30 the sun won't be a problem.

After the race, watch the Firestone Indy Lights do their thing so you won't have to fight a crowd leaving.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the 04 and 05 races that I atteneded were certainly well attended, 03 was a very good crowd also