Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rob Collard

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP
    I'm sure you've all driven a fwd & rwd tourer, know & understand the differences/complexities between them inside out, & can set consitantly quicker lap times? Some of you? Any of you? No...? Didn't think so...

Criticise away folks. But only once you've been there, done it (or at least tried to do it), & bought the t-shirt.
    I don't agree with this.

I've never played Premiership football, but I feel I can point out when someone has played badly. Why should motorsport be any different?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Collard just got 5th! How about that!
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well done to Collard on a good 5th place, he drove well in the appaulling conditions.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Looks like Collard has responded to the criticism. Another impressive drive in Race 2.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, it has been a very good weekend so far for Collard. Motorbase appear to enjoy these conditions around Croft.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I do give credit where credit's due and it was great stuff from Rob

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Rob justified his race seat this weekend. The Motorbase BMWs were excellent as a team and its a a shame Steven Kane didn't get a similar finish

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Having atteneded my first rece of the season yesterday i was very impressed with Mr collard! Look at last year when RAC got their hands on the BMW's it took then untill croft to get them sorted and it appeared that motorbase had made a massive jump forward with the cars yesterday.

I'm not a massive Rob fan and never have been but i do think that he gets alot of undeserved stick. He's never gonna be a Plato of Gio but he more than holds his own in the BTCC. Do people not remember 2005?? he was in a one car team and the 2nd half of that season he was really up there.

As for the people that say personality does not count!! what are you on about????????
    Take someone like Ricky Hatton why has he got such a massive massive following, fair play he's bloody good but he's also a cracking personality out of the ring aswell. He's no better than Calzagie (possibly not even as good) but he has 10 times the army of fans.

Paul O'neill springs to mind, in my opinion he's not as good as Rob Collard but you find me anyone that had a bad word to say about the man.
    Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage. R.I.P. Colin McRae :champion:

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    assuming we can't criticise as we're not Tourning car drivers, what makes you think you can give credit when he's done well either!

everyone is entitled to their opinion, and on here entitled to share it - sure there are some who have a more informed opinion and you might want to take more from that than some other, but criticise if you want, especially if you have something to back up your opinion.

personally i think he's a good driver who's done well in the past, however he's, for me, "only" a top midfield driver, which in smaller fields yielded some great results, whereas now the field is larger and the talent deeper he's having to fight harder for lesser positions - fair play he drove very well yesterday and picked up some good results, and i do think some of the flak he attracts is a bit harsh, but hey, you can't like everybody
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Despite a lot of what has been said before, and we all heard how Alfafan hates him with a passion... I think Rob Collard, has, this season driven possibly his best season yet in the Motorbase BMW.

He has kept out of trouble and got on with the job.

He was on for a fifth or sixth place in race two at Oulton Park, but was stopped by an engine problem. And his drive in the third race at Oulton Park was fantastic, from the back of the grid up to eighth.

His fastest lap just .02 slower than fastest man Jackson.

Possible podium before the season finish?