Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agwiii
    Your rabid Anti-Americanism is offensive. I wonder how long you would last on this forum if you were Anti-British?
    instead of "home of the brave", how does "cowardly indebted bullies" sound?

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well Sod bring your sh!t on!! get contol of your country and lets ****ing mix it up. but you are probably like most a big hat and no cattle. The fact is that no one in your lifetime no one will be giving us much sh!t. China is incapable of fighting a war inspite of what weapons they may create. and we will always be a step ahead. you can get all you car bombers and all the sh!t but when the hard line comes down we will be kicking ass. so you just need to get a grip because you are a no play in the world with a wannabe mouth. get a freaking life fool.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    so you just need to get a grip because you are a no play in the world with a wannabe mouth. get a freaking life fool.
    well Bush told every country in the world to jump into Iraq, only the UK followed.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well here we are and it ain't gonna change til these fools quit fighting long enough for us to leave. But in the scheme of attacks you will be getting your share as already demonstrated. We may get some chemical sh!t which will force us to take out the entire mideast but just think Sod you by doing nothing will have cheap gas. These people are just begging to die and as soon as the world complies the better off we will all be.

PS Italy came too as did the Poles and Espana plus others
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I guess SOD didn't hear about the 51 other nations that jumped off the diving board into Iraq.

As for my statement Eki, I stand by it. I said I didn't want to see any weapons in space. You take that as anti-rest of the world. The Chinese proved they have weapon in space, and then experts said it was to force weapons from space, and you see this as some sort of American conspiracy? IT is world-politik and that is all it is. Nations all play PR games, and this one to me is a failure. IF China gave a tinker's damn about not putting weapons in space, they shouldn't have put one there.

Here is the story from the start of the thread:

"Only two nations — the Soviet Union and the United States — have previously destroyed spacecraft in antisatellite tests, most recently the United States in the mid-1980s.

Arms control experts called the test, in which the weapon destroyed an aging Chinese weather satellite, a troubling development that could foreshadow an antisatellite arms race. Alternatively, however, some experts speculated that it could precede a diplomatic effort by China to prod the Bush administration into negotiations on a weapons ban. "

Now, while I see the idea that China can say to the US, Hey, we can knock your satellites and hunter-killer satellites down, we really don't want to do this, in my mind it makes little sense.

First off, Russia and the US own about 2/3's or better of the satellites up there. If they don't put up armed satellites up there in the first place, I wont disagree that the world would be better off. That said, if you DON'T want weapons up there, then don't spend your money and time putting one up there. I notice the "expert" says they would pressure the Bush Administration to remove US ones. I guess they like Russian ones?

Eki, you have to understand something. When you brought up that crap about Reagan's Star Wars, you are really missing the point. First off, the Americans are talking about knocking down missles now by using lasers from airborne platforms, or anti missle technology fired from the ground. Either way, it is still YEARS away, and would only have a purpose if some short round little fella in North Korea starts losing his mind.

Second of all, while I deplore the idea of weapons in space, at least Russia and the US have refrained from using them, and likely have them more as a precaution. The Chinese really gained Nothing from this, except trying to prove they can be idiots too. THAT is the story......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    One more thing. If the US wants to spend a ton of money on defense spending, it is their business. They obviously have some money to spend, and while I cant disagree they could spend some more money on aid or some domestic programs, it is their political decision. They believe in reliance of the individual, so domestic spending on social programs will only go so far. So they have money to make defence an issue. Some of you think they shouldn't, but judging by the number of people who love to see America take one in the head, I figure their paranoia is somewhat justified.

I will be the first to admit though, on occasion, America doesn't make it easy to love em, but in this thread, with this topic, they should NOT even really be in the discussion. No one wants weapons in space, but if You think because the Chinese sent one up this means there is a crisis, you are wrong. If they start using anti-sat weapons in space, you might as well start digging that hole in the ground..it is over....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all this talk about satellites and blowing sh@t up....
    were all going to bloody choke to death soon anyway....get a grip on all of the polution that is being pumped into the air o a daily bases or we are all going down....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the idea of weapons in space is to place weapons up there to use at a time in the future

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Some of you think they shouldn't, but judging by the number of people who love to see America take one in the head, I figure their paranoia is somewhat justified.
    Maybe, but you may also say it's somewhat self-inflicted. If they even once took their head out of their ass and listened to what the rest of the world thinks instead of treating it like it was just a bunch of half-wits, there may not be so much ill-will towards the US as there is now.
    I could really use a fish right now