Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its close racing very close and very entertaining a good mix of talanted drivers and of course the daytona 500 its far better then fomula 1 will ever be
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its close racing very close and very entertaining a good mix of talanted drivers and of course the daytona 500 its far better then fomula 1 will ever be
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nascar

Living in the UK NASCAR coverage has been patchy until the last few years- prior to NASN, we used to see a couple of races on Sky Sports and on occasion Eurosport used to show it

I've long enjoyed US racing- my interest in oval racing started with the old CART IndyCar series, and now that NASN shows NASCAR I get to watch oval racing every weekend without having to watch the IRL

NASCAR isn't perfect- the races are probably too long, and there were some tedious races last year- Fontana and Homestead spring to mind. But you never really know who's going to win from one week to the next which makes it alot more unpredictable than F1. Oval racing is an acquired taste- but it's a change from the endless road racing we have in europe

I went to Daytona 500 last year and it was amazing- I enjoyed it so much I'll be back there agin in 4 weeks time for this years race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    I went to Daytona 500 last year and it was amazing- I enjoyed it so much I'll be back there agin in 4 weeks time for this years race
    I hope you have a great time.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nascar

thanks Lee Roy- I'm hoping that it will be nice weather this time round- last year the Busch race was held in sunshine, but the 500 was so cold- more like being at Silverstone than in Florida!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    thanks Lee Roy- I'm hoping that it will be nice weather this time round- last year the Busch race was held in sunshine, but the 500 was so cold- more like being at Silverstone than in Florida!
    I grew up a couple of hours from Daytona. I can recall some pretty cool days there. I'll never forget being there for the Thursday qualifying races in 1977. It was pretty cold for Floriday that day. There was a vedor walking along at the foot of the grandstands hollering "Ice Cream" in a loud voice. About that time Sir Jackie was walking past and I heard that Scottish broughe
    with a quizical lilt when he said "Ice Cream?!?!?!?!?!"

Hey, last week I was in London with a couple of friends on a 4 day Pub Crawl. On Saturday we took the train down to Exeter for the Winter Beer Festival. We had a fantastic time. Luckily, we got out of London to return home before the bad weather set in.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.