Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    from nascar.com :
    "Brian France said a former employee who has filed a lawsuit did not follow clear-cut company guidelines ..."
    http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...uit/index.html

The allegations seem a bit exaggerated to me.
    It also seems to be an unreasonable amount of money sought.
    The magnitude of the case appears to be all about the money.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The votes are not all counted out on this one just yet.
    Taken from nascar sports page from yahoo

NASCAR suspends 2 officials in lawsuit investigation
    By JENNA FRYER, AP Auto Racing Writer
    4 minutes ago

Buzz Up Print
    In this Feb. 18, 2007 photo, …

AP - Jun 11, 5:59 pm EDT NASCAR Gallery CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Two officials named in a $225 million racial discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuit against NASCAR have been placed on administrative leave for violating company policy, The Associated Press has learned.

The officials, who were not immediately identified, were sent home from Kentucky Speedway on Friday evening, a person familiar with the NASCAR investigation told the AP. The person requested anonymity because NASCAR’s investigation is ongoing.
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It gets better.

http://www.thatsracin.com/topstories/story/15477.html

"2 suspended NASCAR officials are accused of exposing selves" - France said that two of the officials named in Grant's suit were placed on administrative lead and sent home from Saturday's Nationwide race at Kentucky Speedway.

NASCAR did not name the two officials. The Associated Press, citing unidentified sources, said they were Tim Knox and Bud Moore.

"Obviously, we found some violations in our policy," France said. "(But) I would not jump to conclusions to assume that all the allegations that were made over the many months the plaintiff made are accurate. ... even if we were to take action on any official in this investigation.

"We might discover something entirely different that may have been going on that has nothing to do with the claim in the lawsuit but still is a violation of our policy. That would get you in trouble with us."
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the two suspended officials are the same two who exposed themselvess to the plaintuiff.

OK maybe Boston in six but deffinetly Boston.
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    from nascar.com :
    "Brian France said a former employee who has filed a lawsuit did not follow clear-cut company guidelines ..."
    http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...uit/index.html

The allegations seem a bit exaggerated to me.
    It also seems to be an unreasonable amount of money sought.
    What's going on? You have removed all of my posts that came after my initial one on this issue. There was nothing controversal in them, no direct quotes, just a more detailed explanation of what another view I was trying to present. Why is your handling of this thread being so personal and punative? You have allowed yourself to voice your viewpoint, but once you heard one contrary to yours, you removed them. Please explain.

If you can't have a discussion here about this sensitive issue in which there are many viewpoints, kill the whole thread, and prove my theory comepletely.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feel free to give YOUR opinion.
    Eluding to someone that cannot be identified is just a bunch of bull.
    Don't hide behind someone that you say said this or that.
    Tell us what YOU think about the issue.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i bet she wants to settle out of court

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhippie
    i bet she wants to settle out of court
    I bet NASCAR does.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feel free to give YOUR opinion.
    Eluding to someone that cannot be identified is just a bunch of bull.
    Don't hide behind someone that you say said this or that.
    Tell us what YOU think about the issue.
    I'm not hiding behind anyone. I as much said that the person who's view I presented reflects my opinion. What I didn't do was say a lot of "I know someone who" this and that, such and such. What I did was have my friend present it personally. As you well know, the politics surrounding the environment that is NASCAR prevents this person from self-identifying or else face serious job security repercussions or at best, isolation.

For the record, and this comes FROM ME, I would suggest that all who look at this case refrain from quick judgement untill the facts come out. Is the money asked for unreasonable? I would say yes, but I'm also sure that the plaintiff doesn't really expect that, that 225 million figure is just a point to start negotiating from in a settlement. Does her claim have merit? We have to wait and see. As my friend said earlier, social intolerance toward people of color take a much more subtle form these days, and I agree, having seen it myself in other corporate environments. The plaintiff here needs a chance to present her arguement. NASCAR will get a chance to argue it's view, so that needs to be looked at as well, since there are always two sides to every issue. All I'm saying is don't automatically assume one way or the other. But usually, where there is smoke, there is usually fire, and the smoke was those two NASCAR officials who were placed on "administrative leave (with pay)" due to "violations in our company policy" according to Brian France. Now we all have to wait and see how this smolders.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Whether it's one dollar or a billion, every civil suit is about money.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith