Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Enough of the magic rings!!!!

I can't take seeing this cheesey garbage one more time... The Graphic portion is entertaining and pertinent. But the magic ring talk is enough to make me contimplate harry carrey. What are they trying to appeal 2? the goofy lord of the rings, harry potter crowd? NO THANKS!
    INDY!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 16&Gtown
    I can't take seeing this cheesey garbage one more time... The Graphic portion is entertaining and pertinent. But the magic ring talk is enough to make me contimplate harry carrey. What are they trying to appeal 2? the goofy lord of the rings, harry potter crowd? NO THANKS!
    Yeah but that Bombardier Learjet spot is the **it !!! I'm sure not too many of us IndyCar fans could stop by our local LearJet dealer on Monday and take one home with us. But the ad was HOT !!!!
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 16&Gtown
    I really don't want to know that these cars can fly...

...then again, the Lear Jet ad is pretty cool.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree. That ad is horrible. It makes a big deal over nothing. They're freaking tires! I can walk into my garage and see a bunch of them on our vehicles; how magical! The commercial makes it seem like no one knows what a tire is and needs to be educated on them.

For the record, I try to support IRL sponsors, but I sure as hell won't use Firestone tires. Call me heartless, but I believe in man-made quality over "magic."
    Support your local short track! If you don't have one, build one!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    Yeah but that Bombardier Learjet spot is the **it !!! I'm sure not too many of us IndyCar fans could stop by our local LearJet dealer on Monday and take one home with us. But the ad was HOT !!!!
    Don't need to wait until Monday, as I am having mine delievered this afternoon at my private airport.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Racer
    The commercial makes it seem like no one knows what a tire is and needs to be educated on them.
    Many don't know the history of the magic rings and the men that paid the maximum price so that there are tires on your car.
    With out those Magic Rings there would not have been 92 500s or the CCWS.

Do not assume people know what anything is in today's internet world.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's a great commercial. You all are too cynical. This is what we're talking about right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxtoM5JEZNg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    I think it's a great commercial. You all are too cynical. This is what we're talking about right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxtoM5JEZNg
    How can anything be bad with Harroun, Rose, Andretti and Leonard in it and shots of cars rarely seen in moving pictures and Harvey Firestone and Harvey Jr. with that hat near the end.

History is so important to the sport but alias some do not want any part of it. Scott Dixon won a race last night that now goes into the same history as Don Herr winning in 1911 in NY.

Too bad people do not understand that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I enjoyed both spots far more than many others I've seen on various race telecasts. The Bombardier jet formation through those beautiful landmarks appeals to my "aesthetics," and the Firestone set of snippets appeals to my sense of history, I guess.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by !!WALDO!!
    How can anything be bad with Harroun, Rose, Andretti and Leonard in it and shots of cars rarely seen in moving pictures and Harvey Firestone and Harvey Jr. with that hat near the end.

History is so important to the sport but alias some do not want any part of it. Scott Dixon won a race last night that now goes into the same history as Don Herr winning in 1911 in NY.

Too bad people do not understand that.
    Yah thats why i said the visual part was good, it's the annoying fantasy talk that makes it so annoying, and the fact its ran 6 times during the race last night...
    INDY!