Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ST205GT4
    Why is it that dirt events are so cheap to enter and yet things like Targa West/Tasmania etc cost thousands for competitors to enter?
    Tarmac events are all classified as National level events, have higher insurance costs and more resources are required as in more police for closing roads. Gravel costs are still up there with the ARC entry fee being around $2100. We are very lucky this weekend that the ACT series is tacked onto the back of ROC and only costs $355 as it's not a CAMS affiliated series. The ACT series has entry fees capped at $355 per event, this is achieveable as the series is administered by the BMSC and LCCC.

Cheers

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does the BMSC run any tarmac events as part of the series?

I've done a lot of club level motorkhanas/supersprints/hillclimbs and a Dutton (even that is 2k+ to enter now), but it seems to me that there is a massive gap in the sport between that level and closed road pace noted events.

I think there'd be a big response to a single day closed road event with a more reasonable entry fee.

How's the X coming along?

Cheers
    Ben
    wrc.smugmug.com

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    I have done up the plans for a full tarmac event in Canberra. Waiting on a few issues to be sorted but it could all come together for 2009. Will still be similarly priced to something like Targa West.

Would love to run a single day tarmac event, just have to check on what the event fees would be. We ran a tarmac stage, Brindabella Rd for a couple of events as the first stage then service and put the gravel tyres on. This was quite successful.

In regards to the X, we have been told by Ralliart that they may have the car late July, then it has to be built as a rally car, so may be iffy to have it ready for Targa West.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock
    Mineshaft has not always been included in the ROC. As with all rallies, stages are rotated around. Although there has been a safety concern after Jerie's efforts last year and previous accidents.
    Not entirely.

Adrian was on the directing team and no matter what the event he refuses to run the Mineshaft in any rally.
    Tristan Kent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That total crap Tristan. The whole course was done before Adrian even saw it. MB had set the course out in June 2007.

I'm not sure where your getting your information but it's not correct.

He may have said that for his Natcap.