Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tyreman2
    Jelley does seem to be taking longer to get to grips with the BMW than you would have expected.But please don't even try to put Andy Neate in the same league.I am quite sure that Dick Bennetts thinks he chose the right man out of those two,after all he is proving quicker than Collard
    What a load of rubbish!!

Just because Jelley has been fortunate to run with Double RR in F3 and Lewis Hamiltons GP2 team (not that the latter made any difference to his results) does not put him leagues above Neate nor anybody else in the BTCC, front runner or midfield! I'm all for any racing driver good or bad to be given an opportunity to shine but it's clear no matter what series he's run in (all with the very best teams I might add) he has been overall poor below par..

Watch this space, I think there may be a few surprises before the season is out and we may get to see how the two aforementioned measure up! Your entitled to your opinion of course tyreman but I think you will be proved very wrong.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    Spot on with both counts; especially the latter.

But would TOC be doing as well if not better for WSR as he is doing for VXR mow?

I think he would have improved on last seasons performance as he would have had a year of work with WSR and the 320si under his belt but to the Vectra is so much better and consistent in it's success rate than the other cars in this current BTCC era (Leon, Integra, Civic and 320si) it tends to make drivers who are very good look world class. Not obviously Giovanardi and Neal as they are truly worldclass. Now, this is no slight against what Tom has achieved this season, but I am sceptical about whether or not Tom could have on Sunday been one race away from doing something only Dan Eaves has ever done; win all 3 races in the 3-race format BTCC, in the 320si.
    I don't agree about the Vectra making all its drivers look world class, but I agree that Onslow-Cole is doing better in the Vectra this year than I think he would be in the BMW. He seems that bit happier in the car, apart from having got that season's experience under his belt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo
    What a load of rubbish!!

Just because Jelley has been fortunate to run with Double RR in F3 and Lewis Hamiltons GP2 team (not that the latter made any difference to his results) does not put him leagues above Neate nor anybody else in the BTCC, front runner or midfield! I'm all for any racing driver good or bad to be given an opportunity to shine but it's clear no matter what series he's run in (all with the very best teams I might add) he has been overall poor below par..

Watch this space, I think there may be a few surprises before the season is out and we may get to see how the two aforementioned measure up! Your entitled to your opinion of course tyreman but I think you will be proved very wrong.
    I can't wait LOL
    Just because I don't suffer from paranoia,doesn't mean they're not out to get me