Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Which race should we go to?

Hi guys and gals...

Just after a bit of advice, as I want to take my 8yr old lad to a Cup race for the first time this year. He's a massive fan, and it's gotta be in the main school hols, so I'm thinking maybe Indy or Fontana or Bristol.

Does anyone have any recomendations from a viewing/spectacle aspect, and are there any tour firms known here who will arrange the whole trip including flights and race tickets?

The benefit of experience would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Skid
    There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don’t.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a couple that I have used.

http://www.racefevertours.com/tourinfo.asp

Small, family owned outfit. You'd have to do your own flights.

http://www.gptours.com/

I used these folks to go to the Canadian GP one year. A more POSH outfit. The also do NASCAR.

As far as a recommendation on which track, I've only done a NASCAR race at Bristol. Great experience. The racing isn't the greatest but the atmosphere is unbelievable.

I've been to the USGP at Indy. Just seeing that track is almost worth going. Indy is a real racing town. Great place to visit.

Never been to Fontana.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We went to Lowes this time last year - lots of races during a solid week of track action.
    Managed to book everything ourselves - didn't need any outside help. Call an airline, call the hotels, and do it all online or over the phone - easy.
    Pigged off I am not going back this year - grrrrrr.

Also, lots of shopping and other stuff while not at the track - pretty nice theme park close by too.
    And mountains

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you go to Indy for the cup race, you'll want to be high in turn 1 or 4 to at least see half of the track. The one time I was there, I was in the pit area and couldn't see anything.

Already sold my Bristol tickets for August...so I can't help you out. But I sit in the Kulwicki Terrace...awesome seats.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went to the fontana race in feb and of the 6 tracks ive visited this one had most off track entertainment going on like some great bands and motor bike stunt shows.It gets criticised for having boring races but i saw more 3 wide action there than at anywhere else ive been except for daytona.I would recommend going here but ive also been told the heat is a major problem in august.
    On 3 occassions ive used actionjackson sports tours,always had great race tickets and its so much less hassle being driven to the track in a coach,sharing a bit of banter with other race fans (something i would imagine you would be quite good at lol).If you decide to use these ask for Jack Stoner he's a really nice helpfull bloke.The night race at lowes with this tour company is worth considering as they also include a trip around a number of the raceshops like hendrick,gibbs,ganassi,roush which was very cool.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As another option...Michigan has two races coming up in the summer and it's essentially the sister track to Fontana.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you do go to a race, don't to go any 5 races before Richmond, the racing is disgraceful becaase teams don't want to race the guys who are trying to get into the chase, Bristol's fall race has become an absolute joke now as they are afraid to race
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    if you do go to a race, don't to go any 5 races before Richmond, the racing is disgraceful becaase teams don't want to race the guys who are trying to get into the chase, Bristol's fall race has become an absolute joke now as they are afraid to race
    Bristol has no fall race.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Bristol has no fall race.
    Bristol's second race then, thats run at night
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been to Indy and Michigan. I mean I love Indy, but it really sucks that you can't see the whole track. It's always really, really hot. The one time I went to MIS...it was shortened by rain, but it was a great race. I could see almost the whole track and I was even sitting down really low. I saw some 4 wide passes...it was a lot of fun.