Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

BTCC cars at Combe today

I was at Castle Combe today to watch the LMA Saloons championship which featured some ex-btcc super tourers. It was the first time id seen a Super tourer in action and love the noise they made as they screamed up the main straight. The Honda Accord was battling for the lead,but had a coming togeter with an Evo 9, which as you can see, did nothing for the aero dynamics!

The rest of the pics can be found here http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...-5-08/?start=0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great pics, i was unable to go today but would have loved to be there. Are the ex BTCC cars regular there now like the Combe Saloons?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Wow 102 views, 1 reply!

I wish they were mate as I would be there everytime! They are part of the LMA Saloons Championship that goes all over the country

http://www.lmaeurosaloons.co.uk/e_races/e_races.html

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice pics. I had forgotten how good a Super Tourer sounded until they wheeled out the ex-Aiello Primera at Knockhill a few years back. The same one that now does Goodwood and was stickered up as a David Leslie tribute too.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stewart Whyte (Ex Cupra racer from 2007) now races an ex Leslie (AFAIK) Honda Accord. Very tasty sound!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simon_blay
    Are the ex BTCC cars regular there now like the Combe Saloons?
    They were just visitng as part of the LMA Euro Saloons. Super Tourers would break Castle Combe rules in a million ways

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraracer20
    Wow 102 views, 1 reply!

I wish they were mate as I would be there everytime! They are part of the LMA Saloons Championship that goes all over the country

http://www.lmaeurosaloons.co.uk/e_races/e_races.html
    Thanks for that. There's some cracking cars.

I'm gonna try and make an effort to turn up at one of the meetings

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Nice pics. I had forgotten how good a Super Tourer sounded until they wheeled out the ex-Aiello Primera at Knockhill a few years back. The same one that now does Goodwood and was stickered up as a David Leslie tribute too.
    think that is Rick Pearson's car. IIRC the guys that run it are based at lesmahago (sp)
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep that's the one. Been owned by Pro Motorsport in Lesmahagow since 2000. Aiello's 99 car, ran in 2000 for Colin Blair and David Leslie, Euro STC in 2001 with Sandro Sardelli and then with Jonathan Young in various saloon championships before it was converted back to the 1999 bodystyle and used at Goodwood and in the Dutch Supercar Challenge.
    You lot still here?!