Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Eastern Creek wants F1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66999

I think they should save their money. Bad circuit, poor design, bad economic situation. Surely Phillip Island would be a better alternative?

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    From watching the V8s that's a nice track and really enjoy the onboard cameras.

If they go with Phillip Island, they just need Tilke to re-profile the first left-hander

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tell em, they're dreamin.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wouldn't safety be quite an issue?

I would expect that it would require a lot of effort (and money) to get that track to F1 standards; those concrete walls don't look very safe. Remember team Japan's crash in the very first A1GP race over there? Wasn't a pleasant sight... It would surprise me if anyone in the GPDA would be happy to race over there without some massive rebuilding.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Always hated the track myself. I always thought they should go for a street race in homebush. All the infrastructure is there already.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bleedin' 'eck, I really don't think there is another track (apart from Adelaide perhaps) taking the GP from Big Albert.

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaro Doorslammer
    Bleedin' 'eck, I really don't think there is another track (apart from Adelaide perhaps) taking the GP from Big Albert.
    No, I agree. Then again, Hidden Valley.......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    No, I agree. Then again, Hidden Valley.......
    Good gravy, that's even worse. How will Darwin cope with a crowd going to a race that's about 3 or 4 times bigger than the place holding it? :

Go to Barbagallo and show Heikki that being beried in sand is no better than tyres... Looks like Monza, just about a minute shorter though...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    News Flash

Formula One goes to the PAPERCLIP

Yes Queensland Raceway has got the rights to the Australia Formula One Grand Prix

Lol i wish it was April 1st, cause that would be my joke. As anyone who has seen QR in person would know, it is the worst venue on the planet. Yet somehow they get a V8 event every year. Just a little joke for you Aussies

Seriously, if Eastern Creek want to do up theyre track to f1 standards, do it! anything to keep f1 downunder and to stop countries with no motorsport heritage *cough* Russia *cough* from stealing our race with their money.

Iemma would do it I think, anything to get one up over melbourne.
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaro Doorslammer
    Good gravy, that's even worse. How will Darwin cope with a crowd going to a race that's about 3 or 4 times bigger than the place holding it? :

Go to Barbagallo and show Heikki that being beried in sand is no better than tyres... Looks like Monza, just about a minute shorter though...
    I am sure you realise I was being tongue-in-cheek. Well there's always Oran Park, Sandown, .......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???