Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Hornish Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking Sam Hornish Jr.

What are the chances if Sam isn't in the middle of a fight to make the season ending "CHASE," he foregoes running Charlotte on Memorial Day Sunday and does Indianapolis in a third Penske car instead ?

I would think it would be a fairly reasonable proposition and I know Sam loves Indy and would take the chance to run there again in open wheel against ALL the best open wheelers. If he isnt realistically in the hunt for a spot in the CHASE I would think all the stars are alligned for him to do the 500 this year.

It would be incredible to have him back in Penske colors at the 500, in open wheel where he belongs.

I wonder if the NASCAR schedule is conducive to him having practical track time at Indy in May including both qualifying weekends.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's wishful thinking I dont see any thing that he can gain from running at Indy at this point. If he wouldn't have won it then maybe I could see it.

On a side note enjoy Tom Crean he's a heck of a coach and recruter and a class act to boot. I know I live in Milw and it's a big loss to all of us Marquette fans. But it will be fun to watch him and Bo Ryan agains each other twice a year now.

Kudos

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champ car dave
    I think it's wishful thinking I dont see any thing that he can gain from running at Indy at this point.

A chance to WIN a race that weekend and earn a cool million or two in the process.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I think these are the risk/reward scenarios for Sam that weekend.....

RISK .... no points for NASCAR Chase for one weekend.
    RISK .... get injured at Indy
    RISK .... get injured at Charlotte
    RISK .... finish lower half of field Charlotte 100K-200K in prize money

REWARD .... win Indy 2 million in prize money
    REWARD .... win Charlotte 500K in prize money
    REWARD .... face on Borg Warner for second time
    REWARD .... milk for Indianapolis
    REWARD .... gatorade for Charlotte

REWARD .... competing in a race you have won with a top flight team that can win, in a car that can win. (Indy)

REWARD .... finishing mid pack in COT with insignificant points (Charlotte)
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The chances are almost non-existent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champ car dave
    I think it's wishful thinking I dont see any thing that he can gain from running at Indy at this point. If he wouldn't have won it then maybe I could see it.

On a side note enjoy Tom Crean he's a heck of a coach and recruter and a class act to boot. I know I live in Milw and it's a big loss to all of us Marquette fans. But it will be fun to watch him and Bo Ryan agains each other twice a year now.

Kudos
    Thanks for the good wishes with Coach Crean. He's one of the guys IU should have hired in the first place. Coach Crean will bring IU back to respectability.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sam is committed to NASCAR. We won't seem him at Indy for while IMO.
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking Sam and Others

Not knowing anything about his contract or him personally, It would be a miracle if he came back this year. But next year.....when He and Frankitty and Carpantier and AJ see what is happening "over there" in Indycar, and the thought of another couple of years riding around in Naskar making good money I'm sure but mid-pack at best, well...........
    There is no substitute...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    The chances are almost non-existent.

So I guess that's why Penske has a spare Dallara Number 77 officially entered in the race.

I'm happy when I'm right.

I think the closer we get to Indy and if Sam doesn't start finishing top tens between now and Bump Day, he's running open wheel on May 25th, not Charlotte.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    A chance to WIN a race that weekend and earn a cool million or two in the process.

Gary
    according to the IMS press release, the 2008 Indy 500 winner will win at least $2.5 million not including special awards, all part of a record $14 million purse. Let's get Harvick and Stewart over to Indy in May too......
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !