Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The story in today's (March 20) Toronto Sun is not hopeful. PT has no prospects and I am not sure if he has an out clause from Forsythe or not. Rumour I heard was that Vision racing had a spot for PT and he turned it down, but if he is contractually bound with Forsythe then there are complications. The sad thing is that weasel Forsythe went out of his way to keep PT out of NASCAR last summer when they came to Montreal (Kevin Harvick offered him the 33, which he ended up driving himself to victory in) and Gerry played hardball to keep PT under contract, to only kill the CCWS a month later. I wouldn't be surprised if PT doesn't have lawyers looking at a lawsuit for restraint of trade. I know I WOULD......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nanders
    Curt Cavin show on http://www.1070thefan.com/listen/ is rumoring that Tracy may have a ride and may be on the show. It's on now. Help these guys get their ratings up.
    He's says he has had people from different teams approach him, and he can't get Forsythe to talk to him. He'll be at Long Beach but besides that he doesn't have a car to drive. He also said that he can't go out a seek another team until he is released from his contract.
    get a 1994 Lola or Reynard and put a Cosworth engine in it, sounds great, runs great, looks great...

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Paul.....get a LAWYER. RESTRAINT OF TRADE is the way you go after Gerry. Of course...if Paul was on the ball, he would have NOT signed the damned contract...but there he goes trusting a rich man who had treated him well for 5 years.......and now isn't.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris333

"Alex Barron, Richie Hearn, and Memo Gidley, fellows who did a lot with a little never got the opportunity Paul has enjoyed."

Yeah, poor Gidley. Driving for that crap a** Ganassi team is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. You know why none of the guys you listed ever "got the opportunity Paul has enjoyed?" Because none of them was even remotely close to him on the track.
    I give you three drivers and all you can come up with is that Gidley drove 2/3 of a season for Ganassi? No mention at all that he outpointed Bruno during their time together, and still got shafted. As I said, bro, he NEVER got Paul's opportunity.

Have any idea why these drivers were not "remotely close" to Paul. Not even remotely close equipment. Barron was with Gurney's team for a season and a half, a handful of races for Coyne, two races with a then-lousy Penske team, and two with Frank Arciero. Paul drove one season with Coyne, then got Penske, Newman-Haas, TKG, and Forsythe.

As I said, nowhere near the opportunity.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Memo had lots of opportunities and didn't always do what people thought he should. Was he screwed? Ya...maybe...Barron and Hearn make similar claims. That said, the reason PT had good rides for years and years because even a blind man could see he was bloody fast. What he did in one RACE with Dale Coyne at Long Beach as a 18 year old kid set him up for life and I don't ever recall Barron, Gidley or Hearn making that same impression. PT is a senior guy now, maybe past his prime.....but he has the personality, the fan base and still enough residual talent to be an asset to any IRL team that was willing to buy the spare parts in bulk. Occasiaonally....Tracy makes a few omlettes and breaks a few eggs...but I still think he has a win or two in him, and I do recall that he is actually a better oval driver than he is a road course guy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Paul Tracy once say he wouldn't drive one of those crap wagon and was a strong support of the Champcar series, even if the series didn't support him, but when someone brought up the fact he said he wouldn't drive in the irl, he dodge the question, by give a lame answer to the question,so I guess we all have a price.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    What you've overlooked is that as long as GF PAYS Tracy he has no cause for action. Unless the contract has some clause requiring an actual race entry, just getting a pay check, whether he drives or not, fullfills the contractural requirement. Now, if Tracy is NOT getting paid, that is a whole different kettle of fish.

Are you sure about that? I don't recall the details but I remember a case in California where someone had a non compete clause that applied while the person was drawing severance pay. The court struck down the non-compete on the grounds that it prevented the person from availing them self of opportunities that would have extended beyond the severance period. I wish I could remember more of the details.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champcar4life
    Paul Tracy once say he wouldn't drive one of those crap wagon and was a strong support of the Champcar series, even if the series didn't support him, but when someone brought up the fact he said he wouldn't drive in the irl, he dodge the question, by give a lame answer to the question,so I guess we all have a price.
    Or the right to change our minds. Don't look to Paul to fight YOUR fight with the reality that CCWS is no more.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champcar4life
    Excuse me, but I think PT said that while Champ Car actually existed. That makes a bit of a difference.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65963

found this article... maybe a grand-am appearance with tags

What i find sad is that 2 of my favourite drivers (that are not Australian) cannot find a ride in this rejuvinated indycar series. Tags wasn;t always a front runner but he was always competitive while Tracy's record speaks for itself. someone give him a ride? a second car for HVM perhaps?
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!