Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD.

A contingency sponsor pays big dollars for the opportunity to celebrate their contingency award with the appropriate recipient driver or team in public.

If EG is willing to write those checks for TMS, clients can always line item veto HIS RACE and find somewhere else to put their money. Oops -- I thought open wheel was trying to fix the sponsorship picture, not perpetually damage it. He must want more NASCAR dates pretty bad.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When does the 2009 CART schedule come out? I want to secure my hotel for Vancouver, Long Beach, and Portland.

thanks!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brock
    WRONG!
    Win, Place & Show are vestages of HORSE RACING (as is oval racing in general) which were carried over by our more civilized forefathers when we passed into the industrial age and all like that.
    Fair enough, but this isn't horse racing now is it.
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Why? What possible harm could come of having a real podium ceremony? It's a chance for the fans to honor three of the gladiators. It's a chance for two more sets of sponsors to get a little face time. It's a chance to see the interplay between three of the drivers right after the heat of battle. Are they smiling at each other, are they glaring at each other? Are they friends or foes?

Sorry, but I have always felt a little cheated by the series that only honors the winning driver and totally ignore the guy or gal who finished a mere .02 seconds behind. I don't think having three folks on the podium in anyway diminishes the honor of the winner. If anything it enhances it, by putting a face to the players the winner just vanquished.

I don't understand why it appropriate for a road course but somehow not for an oval. That makes no sense to me at all. What does the track layout have to do with it? It's either a good idea or it isn't. Right turns have nothing to do with it.

Gary
    To be truthful I really could care less either way, but I do get what Gossage is saying by only honoring the winner. That said, I have zero problem if they do decide to honor 2nd and 3rd (as they did in CART). At the end of the day, it won't affect how I view the series.
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pvtjoker
    To be truthful I really could care less either way, but I do get what Gossage is saying by only honoring the winner. That said, I have zero problem if they do decide to honor 2nd and 3rd (as they did in CART). At the end of the day, it won't affect how I view the series.

It won't really bug me one way or the other either. I just don't see how it diminishes the honor bestowed on the winner to have two of their comrades there to congratulate or glare at him or her.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seeing the top 3 on the podium is a preference, not a deal breaker.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.