Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Papis to drive for Rubicon at Indy

From Speed TV

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...bicon-at-indy/

Italian driver Max Papis has been tabbed to pilot the Rubicon Race Team one-off Indy 500 entry that will attempt qualify for the 92nd edition of the May classic.

Papis will be sponsored by Geico, and will be gunning for his third start at the Brickyard.

“We are thrilled to have Max on board with Rubicon for the month of May,” said team owner Jason Priestley. “Max is very smart as a driver and in his past outings at Indianapolis, he has gotten up to speed quickly, qualified well and been extremely competitive in the race. Since we are only running at Indianapolis, we need a veteran driver like Max who is competitive right out of the garage.”

“I’m extremely committed to deliver a great result for the Rubicon Race Team and our sponsors,” Papis added. “I will be out on the track making every lap count and especially the last one. This year will be particularly special to have my wife, Tatiana, and son, Marco, at the track as they will be reunited with family since Emerson [Fittipaldi, Papis’ father-in-law] will be driving the pace car. It will be magical and make the 500 even more special.”

Papis raced at Indy in 2002 and 2006, both times with Cheever Racing, and recorded a best finish of 14th in ‘06.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh it would be nice to see that smiling face a bit more than just one event this year.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There will be +/-s to this last minute mergout but good to see a PLUS.

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very good for Max Papis and the Indianapolis 500.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good for Max.
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There will be +/-s to this last minute mergout but good to see a PLUS.
    Hoop, I don't think this has anything to do with the merger. The Rubicon Race Team has been in the works, since late last year and I had heard Max as a possible driver, a while back.

But I agree good to see him get an Indy ride.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Max is a great example of a guy with talent, personality, looks that attract the ladies and what happens....no promotion, no sponsor, no driving.. What a shame.

Go for the win Max!