Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
    How does one numbskull throwing stones make an entire country 3rd world?
    The country, producing Corona Extra, just can't be the one of the 3rd world.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    Damn... I really start to think that there were actually no problems with Loeb's engine at all, and Citroen just pretended of this. You can say I'm biassed, but anyway, I'll never believe that the unit which broke on 13 kms of a road section, is now successfully performing in race conditions.

What are you talking about ???
    The unit from the beginning of rally Mexico was a new one! Not from Sweden...

The engine that failed in Loeb’s car was a brand new unit; a replacement for the one which was damaged in his crash on the previous round in Sweden. Regulations state that engines may be swapped without penalty on the first linked rally.
    Loeb´s using a new repared unit...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus
    What are you talking about ???
    The unit from the beginning of rally Mexico was a new one! Not from Sweden...

Loeb´s using a new repared unit...
    I'm talking about this thing: they put a new engine on Loeb's car, then accidentaly it turns "broken", they switch to another one for the shakedown, and then return to the initial unit. Isn't it strange that they "saved" its endurance???
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm talking about this thing: they put a new engine on Loeb's car, then accidentaly it turns "broken", they switch to another one for the shakedown, and then return to the initial unit. Isn't it strange that they "saved" its endurance???
    I still not understanding the question. They mounted a new unit at the beginning of the rally. So, what they would won by the new unit to get failure and change it?
    And Loeb is using that unit repared, because he would get 5min by a new replacement...thats why they changed the engine twice. But the unit repared was sealed, that was granted by FIA.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Go Chris! One puncture is all Loeb needs...

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    GO CHRIS!

Sorry to keep going on about Petter, but to all those who still think he's past it, he would be third and only a bit behind Chris without the driveshaft problem , which wasn't his fault.
    It is so gutting how every time Petter is challenging, his car goes wrong or a dog jumps out! This would have been two Subarus on the podium without a sh*t first car and driveshaft probs.
    Not gonna sleep well tonight - Petter needs a win on Argentina otherwise Loeb, Hirvonen, Latvala and Chris will be too far ahead before the new Impreza comes.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Go Chris! One puncture is all Loeb needs...

Careful, Chris could get this puncture instead :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn... I really start to think that there were actually no problems with Loeb's engine at all, and Citroen just pretended of this. You can say I'm biassed, but anyway, I'll never believe that the unit which broke on 13 kms of a road section, is now successfully performing in race conditions.
    It just might be that you're quite right and even more. There was a lot of pis*ed off people in SP on Thursday. But hey, it's the french!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ARF
    It just might be that you're quite right and even more. There was a lot of pis*ed off people in SP on Thursday. But hey, it's the french!
    Citroen said that they have only repaired the fuel system on the unit, but never opened the engine. That's why FIA allowed them to put it back. But still he was using a new unit for the shakedown. Why not everyone use different engine for the SD instead of amortize the real one.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramore
    Citroen said that they have only repaired the fuel system on the unit, but never opened the engine. That's why FIA allowed them to put it back. But still he was using a new unit for the shakedown. Why not everyone use different engine for the SD instead of amortize the real one.
    Yes and all this was allowed by Stewards of the meeting led by an individual who has been disqualifying drivers for not wearing a glove on stage...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.