Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamM
    Im talking about number of cars, rather than drivers. Drivers can come and go in the middle of a season, but the number of cars stays the same if they are replaced.

Like in your Motorbase Howell - Ferrier - O'Neill explanation, there was three drivers, but only 1 car.

At the start of the season, Number of Cars = Number of drivers (roughly - bar any TBA entries)

And at Media Day last year, we had 26 cars, so rounding would give 30
    If your considering number of cars over number of drivers, are you saying that the number of cars is the most important factor when establishing how many entries their was in any one season in the BTCC and not actual drivers?

I mean if I was to answer your question "How many competed for Motorbase Performance in the 2007 BTCC season?" If I am correct in saying 2 (Allison's car and the second car that was raced by Howell, then Ferrier and later O'Neill) rather than 4, would that not be neglecting any individual part Tom and Paul played as sucessors to Gareth's seat?
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It the original question you seem to be confusing - the number of official entries when application closes. Not over a season

Seeing as you enter a car and put a driver in it, you can have 10 drivers if you want

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just 32

and for me the full house 32

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamM
    It the original question you seem to be confusing - the number of official entries when application closes. Not over a season

Seeing as you enter a car and put a driver in it, you can have 10 drivers if you want
    At the start of a season I would be more than happy to say 28, 29 or 30. But perhaps you misinterpreted the origin of my original comment.

Red200 suggested 32. My intention was to get over how it is not impossible for the BTCC to attract that number as a starting number given how many actual drivers ended up racing overall last season.

It may seem a lot but it can be achieved. Both as a starting number and overall number.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    At the start of a season I would be more than happy to say 28, 29 or 30. But perhaps you misinterpreted the origin of my original comment.

Red200 suggested 32. My intention was to get over how it is not impossible for the BTCC to attract that number as a starting number given how many actual drivers ended up racing overall last season.

It may seem a lot but it can be achieved. Both as a starting number and overall number.
    There will be 32 cars at the media day, and as for the racing I don't know, but what I am sure, there will be at some time 32 racing,this is the best championship by far and there are only 32 grid slots how good is that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im sure the BTCC could attract about 100 drivers if the money was there

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    I too think itl be a full grid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    28 registered... 25 on the grid at Brands!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im sure the BTCC could attract about 100 drivers if the money was there
    That would be the most expensive destruction derby in the world, hmmm, maybe 100 competitors in the Clio Cup would be fun :P
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.