Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is Open-Wheel Peace Finally at Hand?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More fanatics' attack at RM's article below. Suicidal alert has raised to Orange.
    "Lawyers are the best investment"....Tom Leykis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We have heard so many romours in the past, but this one seems more promising.

Possible schedule:
    Homestead
    St. Petersburg
    Long Beach
    Motegi
    Kansas City?
    Indy
    Milwaukee
    Fort Worth
    Iowa
    Richmond
    Toronto?
    Nashville
    Edmonton?
    Kentucky
    Sonoma
    Detroit
    Chicago
    Australia
    Mexico?

Maybe gone:
    Houston
    Laguna Seca
    Zolder
    Jerez
    Cleveland
    Mount Tremblant
    Portland
    Road America
    Assen
    Watkins Glen?
    Mid Ohio?

For 2009, I would like to keep Mount Tremblant, Road America and Mid Ohio and drop Homestead, Iowa and Richmond.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is great news. Lets hope this works out. I would love nothing more than to see 30 or more open wheel cars on the track at the same time at every race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If this is true,then there will be only 3 CC races LB, ED, & SP and the rest IRL venues. I hope both series have some good legal representation as I am sure contracts have been signed for all 2008 CC races. What about Toronto?
    There must be more to the article as this seems like a one-sided deal in favour of IRL.
    May be CC will send the Atlantics (using the Panoz) to their races that have been deleted--If so, these are the races I will watch.
    Good luck to all the people who like to watch low-tech race cars go in circles.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E5C4P3
    We have heard so many romours in the past, but this one seems more promising.

Possible schedule:
    Homestead
    St. Petersburg
    Long Beach
    Motegi
    Kansas City?
    Indy
    Milwaukee
    Fort Worth
    Iowa
    Richmond
    Toronto?
    Nashville
    Edmonton?
    Kentucky
    Sonoma
    Detroit
    Chicago
    Australia
    Mexico?

Maybe gone:
    Houston
    Laguna Seca
    Zolder
    Jerez
    Cleveland
    Mount Tremblant
    Portland
    Road America
    Assen
    Watkins Glen?
    Mid Ohio?

For 2009, I would like to keep Mount Tremblant, Road America and Mid Ohio and drop Homestead, Iowa and Richmond.
    A combined schedule would just be wrong without Watkins Glen and Road America. I'd much prefer less than 40% ovals on the calendar, and less poky street circuits. On a side note, I hope this results in better racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hang on to your hollyhocks!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The other "website", guys, go have fun and start reading their stuff. I'm still laughing as I type this.

I will see you guys in Long Beach, as a start of this one series, if this will happen this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clydekart
    If this is true,then there will be only 3 CC races LB, ED, & SP and the rest IRL venues. I hope both series have some good legal representation as I am sure contracts have been signed for all 2008 CC races. What about Toronto?
    There must be more to the article as this seems like a one-sided deal in favour of IRL.
    May be CC will send the Atlantics (using the Panoz) to their races that have been deleted--If so, these are the races I will watch.
    Good luck to all the people who like to watch low-tech race cars go in circles.
    Undoubtedly, many hardcore fans like yourself are going to feel left out. But as someone with strong ties to people at Champ Car, this is going to help out everyone. A stronger, unified series, allows for more tech in the future. Its a one sided deal in favor of the IRL, because Champ Car had little to offer. Sorry, but Champ Car has little value anymore, and this will be the smartest decision that Champ Car has made. Too many screw ups. Now to future.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations, OWFan19! You just got counted down in the fanatics!! BTW, funny how an old rejected blue man group was the last one who counted you down.

Two guys that I know are also posting right now in fanatics, and they both keeping it low key. They're already over 1000 post and the fanatics couldn't even notice a thing.