Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arkas '08

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While he wanted to buy/race a E90 BMW, why didn't Martyn Bell just continue running his E46? OTOH, I'm guess maybe he was already overstretching his funds when he was racing the E46. Isn't racing a BTC car a step backwards.
    Supertouring Forever and Ever...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As Erkut was finishing consistently higher than Martyn last season...

One can assume not!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmchow
    While he wanted to buy/race a E90 BMW, why didn't Martyn Bell just continue running his E46? OTOH, I'm guess maybe he was already overstretching his funds when he was racing the E46. Isn't racing a BTC car a step backwards.
    Read the comment above yours. it might be a step backwards for a year but then next year itl be a massive leap forwards when hes had a year to get used to a FWD touring car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Being half British and half Turkish, this is my dream team.......
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the still relatively new Astra Sport Hatch (it only started life in 2005, remember) with race prepation from ex-Triple Eight man Marvin Humphries's team and with technical backup from Triple Eight themselves and with a pretty quick team-mate to compare notes with and spur him on can only be a good thing for Martyn. Sure the Astra is of the old BTC spec car but they can still go for the independents championships (drivers and teams) which are what they realistically probably expect to show better in. Being realistic is very important after all. I'd predict several if not more top ten results for the pair of them (remember Erkut in his first proper season last year was twice in the points).

Good luck to Arkas. They could spring the odd big surprise if things just in front kick off...