Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While I'm in favour of having Rockingham on the calendar, I really wish Silverstone was on it too. I would always prefer Silverstone over a second trip to Thruxton.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rockingham is a fantastic facility & the last BTCC meeting there superb ! I can't wait for next year now. It beats Silverstone hands down for spectating as you can follow every battle on track instead of standing watching about 10% of the action !
    Leicester City F.C. :beer:
    when your smiling the whole world smiles with youuuuuuuuuuu

Neil_LCFC
    V8 Thunder #05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How does Rockingham figure for photography. Are there good spots where you can get close shots of the cars...? What is Rockingham like for access to pit / garages / drivers / podium....?
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i quite like the silverstone national layout, it definitley produced more exciting races than the international layout, in 05 even the porsche races where brilliant! 3 wide in the complex at one point

its a shame that silverstone isnt on the calendar, is definitley popular with the fans wether its the finale or not, in the btcc fans survey on my site it came 3rd in 2006 and 2nd in 2005, it will be interesting to see where rockingham places

i'll probably go to rockingham but i have to say that whilst you can see the whole track from the grandstands, the view is very distant

i believe thruxton took up the spare mondello slot through barc, this is why we have two thruxton meetings
    team156.co.uk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thompp
    How does Rockingham figure for photography. Are there good spots where you can get close shots of the cars...? What is Rockingham like for access to pit / garages / drivers / podium....?
    You can use the tunnel to access the infield and then stand on top of the pit garages. In 2003 I spent Saturday there and got some shots of the cars coming into the pit lane, and the teams working on the cars.

If you're in the grandstands, then you'll need a really good zoom to be able to get close shots. Not sure how close you can get to the fence to be able to focus past it, otherwise you'll be high up in the stands to avoid the fencing.

Access to the drivers was great on the Saturday. I bought a picture and was able to get it signed by Thommo, Muller, Neal and Reidy.

I'm assuming you could still get to the pit garages on the Sunday, but it did look rather crowded, so I spent all day in the grandstands.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thompp
    Corby - home of the ASBO-dodgers. And no, thats not an American football team.
    They call it SCSA these days
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    They call it SCSA these days

Its a shame they couldnt get SCSA to share the bill with BTCC.
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Just as well they don't. I don't think many BTCC fans would be impressed with 4 cars going round and round for 30 laps.

On the otherhand, the Pickup series as a support race would be good
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalpusher
    You can use the tunnel to access the infield and then stand on top of the pit garages. In 2003 I spent Saturday there and got some shots of the cars coming into the pit lane, and the teams working on the cars.

If you're in the grandstands, then you'll need a really good zoom to be able to get close shots. Not sure how close you can get to the fence to be able to focus past it, otherwise you'll be high up in the stands to avoid the fencing.

Access to the drivers was great on the Saturday. I bought a picture and was able to get it signed by Thommo, Muller, Neal and Reidy.

I'm assuming you could still get to the pit garages on the Sunday, but it did look rather crowded, so I spent all day in the grandstands.

Thanks very much for that, PP. I've recently acquired 300mm zoom and 2X teleconverter giving me 600mm focal length, but I'd much rather get up close to the action!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Silverstone are still chasing a BTCC round in 2007. Only way I can see it happen is if there is a financial package provided to allow the series to expand to 11 rounds. 19-20 May is available, and as far as I know Silverstone has no event that weekend at present.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!