Quote Originally Posted by viper_man
Same views as the touchscreen durability. But on the whole I dont like how it looks anyway.

And I dont completely see the point? Get a decent Sony Ericsson and you have an MP3 player already, get a big memory card and youre sorted too. Plus you can access the mobile interweb and emails already on a WAP enabled phone, and its on a more basic level which is what I prefer on phones. I dont want a standard web browser crammed onto a mobile screen.

I just dont see any huge advantages

The funny thing is that Cisco owns the trademark for the name "iPhone" and the phone is not even FCC certified yet so it's a while off and Cisco aren't going to give Apple the iPhone name for free. So basically Apple have released the phone now and it's not on sale so if Nokia, Sony Ericsson and the rest are at all worried they'll simply accelerate any projects they had going and saturate the market before Apple's marketing maching goes into swing. I've always thought "soft" launches were for moronic companies. Why on earth launch a product to the world and not actually start selling it at the same time? Just helps your competitors that's all.

I think it's a bit of a rubbish product anyway. Apple seem to be proclaiming that this is some sort of new product. So many other companies have had this sort of thing out for ages. I also think that looking at the specs of the thing they've vastly misunderstood what people who want to spend US$500 on a phone actually want. I just love on their site how they seem to think this thing is a ground breaking new product when all of the technology is out there and has been done before. Apple are going to stab themselves in the chest with their white handled knife sometime soon.

Bleh!