Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Team Rockingham For Pick Up Team

found this on rockingham website
    http://www.rockingham.co.uk/news/pre...ail.asp?id=106

Would've been cheaper for a V8

Good on him anyway Mr Hawkins
    TKM kart racer:)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be nice to have Rockingham on a Trophy car as well, but congratulations to Antony, it's good to see a driver such as him recieve some decent backing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am surprised that Rockingham are backing a team to be honest. Sometimes you get the impression that they are not interesed in the racing or promoting the motorsport facility. Hopefully they have had a change of heart. However I think it will be a very good bit of advertising for them and not to mention good for Mr. Hawkins.

Congrats

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hicksy
    I am surprised that Rockingham are backing a team to be honest.
    Rockingham supported a Formula 3 car in 2001. Derek Hayes ran advertising for the Rockingham 500 for three races including the British GP support race -wonder why we did that

I had a meeting with the Rockingham team at the Autosport Show yesterday and was told about this initiative. It makes perfect sense when you see which tracks the Pickups are visiting this year. As for the assumption that Rockingham aren't interested in supporting motrosport I for one feel that is 100% incorrect, it just has to make perfect business sense.

I was also told that Pickups would be supporting British F3/GT in May - excellent news. Hope to see many of you then.

Jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am surprised that Rockingham are backing a team to be honest. Sometimes you get the impression that they are not interesed in the racing or promoting the motorsport facility. Hopefully they have had a change of heart.
    Congrats
    Why would you get this impression? Alf Buller likes his motorsport and is a fan and friend of pickuptruck racing, his son graduated from short oval racing into T-cars and showed great promise and is moving on to single seaters this year.
    Rockingham is his buisiness why would he not want it to prosper since his takeover things seem to be moving in the right direction, and they have not been the promoters of meetings only the facility providers leaving the promotion to the clubs who pay to use the facility.Maybe as Rockingham becomes more profitable in the future they may well organize their own meetings and run their own promotion and then we can judge how successfull they are at this side of the buisiness.
    if you want it done properly do it yourself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pickup
    Why would you get this impression? Alf Buller likes his motorsport and is a fan and friend of pickuptruck racing, his son graduated from short oval racing into T-cars and showed great promise and is moving on to single seaters this year.
    Rockingham is his buisiness why would he not want it to prosper since his takeover things seem to be moving in the right direction, and they have not been the promoters of meetings only the facility providers leaving the promotion to the clubs who pay to use the facility.Maybe as Rockingham becomes more profitable in the future they may well organize their own meetings and run their own promotion and then we can judge how successfull they are at this side of the buisiness.
    Possibly a poor choice of words. I think part of the reason is that they appeared to be heading in a different direction. I always view Rockingham a circuit first and a business second. The reduced calendars due to various restrictions, test facilities, trade shows etc.. Maybe there was just a bigger picture that I wasnt seeing. Yes Rockingham is a business and there is a lot of potential for more than just motorsport within the facility. Dont get me wrong, I love Rockingham and I really hope it continues to grow but I would like to see more racing first.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pickup
    Why would you get this impression? Alf Buller likes his motorsport and is a fan and friend of pickuptruck racing.
    Rockingham is his buisiness why would he not want it to prosper since his takeover things seem to be moving in the right direction.
    I cannot see how the stockcars not running at rockingam this year is a move in the right direction.
    Nevertheless it is good to see rockingham putting something back into the sport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

O/T

I am surprised that Rockingham are backing a team to be honest.
    BTC racing had some rockingham sponsorship on their cars in the BTCC last year:

Believe the above at your own risk.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    I cannot see how the stockcars not running at rockingam this year is a move in the right direction.
    I'm sure if they could have "gauranteed" good grid numbers and produced the type of racing that we know they are capable of they would have been racing there this year (more often than the one proposed date).
    From Rockinghams point of view i can understand them making this decision based on the last couple of years performances but also think they will be keeping a close eye on the stockcars with the idea of bringing them back in the near future (as i previously stated i personally think we need more than one formula on the oval) if the SCSA continues as positively in 2008 as it ended in 2007 they will shortly return.
    if you want it done properly do it yourself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    May be a representitive of rockingham should come on here with a statement from above saying there reasons for not having the V8's at rockingham and also tell us what the future holds for the V8's to be back where they belong.
    As a member of my family says (who has been a member since day 1 i would like to add) "i thought the whole point of the oval being built was for oval racing,not to look pritty for infield racing".
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee