Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't see how people are saying that the FIA are investigating this just so that Hamilton can win the championship...Surely if BMW have done something wrong then they should be punished for it
    Believe the above at your own risk.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    -Raikkonen title confirmed

Eurosport | Sun, Oct 21, 23:40 Kimi Raikkonen's world championship title for Ferrari is confirmed as there will be no penalty for BMW Sauber and Williams for fuel irregularities, meaning McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton cannot overtake him on points.

Done and dusted...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RD: Don't worry my son, I phoned Bernie and Max, they have ensured me that you will get the crown by tomorrow! Just wait and stewards will bring it to you.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Popups/Photo.aspx?IM_ID=45351

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tin-top fan
    I can't see how people are saying that the FIA are investigating this just so that Hamilton can win the championship...Surely if BMW have done something wrong then they should be punished for it
    But the point is that, they have been letting McLaren get away with alot worse infractions all year, such as running a silver Ferrari and giving Hamilton an extra set of tyres illegally. All they got for all this bad behaviour was fines, granted, at least one ridiculous one, but fines non the less. This was put down to 'keeping the championship alive'. Now, we would have no problem if they hand out fines to these drivers as this would be in line with their other punishments, but if they were to remove the drivers from their current finishing positions then it would simply hand Hamilton the title. If they had docked Alonso and Hamilton in the same way it would be fair, but they didnt. All we want is for it to be a fair and just punishment. Kimi has won the title, despite the leniancy shown towards McLaren and that should be that.
    :champion: Kimi Raikkonen is a very small version of God!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tin-top fan
    Yep.. and they will be. The drivers should not be punished though... especially for such a fairly minor and difficult to enforce rule.
    It was aprox 35 deg C Ambient temp today.. I can see this enfringement happening very easily. If the FIA do enforce this rule and punish the teams involved, how would the teams deal with it?... fit fuel warmers to the rigs, storage tanks and/or cars fuel tanks?... A safety issue in itself imo.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Probably the best description of this issue so far and some good performance explanation and strong words from Mike Gascoyne of Spyker:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63557

FIA: BMW, Williams fuel outside rules
    By Jonathan Noble Sunday, October 21st 2007, 22:00 GMT

The FIA has confirmed that the fuel temperatures of the BMW Sauber and Williams cars were outside the regulations during the course of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

As the race stewards continue to investigate the matter to decide on whether or not a punishment is necessary, a statement issued by technical delegate Jo Bauer revealed the extent of the temperature variation of the cars involved.

Article 6.5.5 of the Formula One technical regulations states: "No fuel on board the car may be more than ten degrees centigrade below ambient temperature."

The statement issued by Bauer showed that Heidfeld's fuel was 13 degrees centigrade lower than ambient at his first stop and 12 degrees centigrade lower at his second stop.

Robert Kubica's fuel varied by 14 degrees, 13 degrees and 13 degrees at his three stops; Nico Rosberg's fuel was 13 degrees and 12 degrees out at his two stops and Kazuki Nakajima's was 12 degrees out at his first stop. His second stop was inside the 10-degree limit.

Spyker technical chief Mike Gascoyne said he believed the variation would have provided a performance advantage.

"It can be five to ten horsepower easily," he told autosport.com. "The car is producing a performance advantage during the race. If they dump fuel in that is below the limit, it is an illegal performance advantage. They should be excluded from the event, there is absolutely no doubt."

The implications of a disqualification for the BMW and Williams drivers would be huge, as it could potentially move Lewis Hamilton up the order into fourth place.

In such a case, Hamilton would be crowned the world championship.
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgav
    If the fuel is illeagal, the cars get disqualified, simple! It should not matter whether it affects the championship, if it happened at the first race of the season there would be no question, so why should there be now?

Would feel MASSIVELY sorry for Kimi mind! Poor thing, he deserves his crown, but you can't say it was unfair. That's racing - results are provisional until scrutineering is completed.

Wouldn't feel sorry for Ferrari mind. Nice for them to get a taste of their own medicine.
    I feel sorry for you. Are still in denial? you lost buddy!!!! Move on, now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    They should enforce the rules as ferociously as they did on friday when The Golden Boy broke the rules.

I knew the big noses wanted Golden Boy to win, but this is going toooo far!
    Watch out...you speaking against the Golden Boy.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgav
    If the fuel is illeagal, the cars get disqualified, simple! It should not matter whether it affects the championship, if it happened at the first race of the season there would be no question, so why should there be now?

Would feel MASSIVELY sorry for Kimi mind! Poor thing, he deserves his crown, but you can't say it was unfair. That's racing - results are provisional until scrutineering is completed.

Wouldn't feel sorry for Ferrari mind. Nice for them to get a taste of their own medicine.
    Would it be ok if these two teams were to be fined? I don't know....$15,000 dollars )))))

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    If those cars get excluded after everything that has happened in this season F1 is going to no longer be one of the sports I watch. This just goes to show what a farce this season is!
    I second that