Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    I think he's young and young people think they're bullet proof and race with a "win or die trying" attitude.
    I agree with you Anyway I leave this open, but keep racism off here or it will be closed right away, with dire consequences to those who will ignore my request
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't mean to attribute Hamilton's success all to genetics. In fact, genetics alone get him no where near where he is.

Let me put it this way: Say out of 100 factors of Hamilton's performance, 1 is his above-average sensitivity. That 1 factor is not that much compared with the sum of all factors. However, by leveraging circumstances that would make use of that 1 factor (and I selectively pick braking here for Hamilton), he can magnified the advantage over others. And I think this is why in the case of Hamilton, he often performs late-braking surprises.

For those who do not believe African descents (okay, politically correct here) do, on average, possess quicker reflexes, you ought to play some basketballs with them to understand. At least that's where I obtain most of my observations(from talking to many other people, not just myself).

Stripped off the cultural and political curtains, we are all biologically different, and statistics don't lie.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalasend

For those who do not believe African descents (okay, politically correct here) do, on average, possess quicker reflexes, you ought to play some basketballs with them to understand. At least that's where I obtain most of my observations.

Stripped off the cultural and political curtains, we are all biologically different, and statistics don't lie.

Like I said, check this out: http://u-tube.ws/search.php?q=Alwyn+Davey
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't mean to attribute Hamilton's success all to genetics. In fact, genetics alone get him no where near where he is.

Let me put it this way: Say out of 100 factors of Hamilton's performance, 1 is his above-average sensitivity. That 1 factor is not that much compared with the sum of all factors. However, by leveraging circumstances that would make use of that 1 factor (and I selectively pick braking here for Hamilton), he can magnified the advantage over others. And I think this is why in the case of Hamilton, he often performs late-braking surprises.

For those who do not believe African descents (okay, politically correct here) do, on average, possess quicker reflexes, you ought to play some basketballs with them to understand. At least that's where I obtain most of my observations(from talking to many other people, not just myself).

kalasend, i went to school for medical technology, and x-ray technology.
    there are some differences among the races as has been pointed out before by some on this board: but in the main, we are all the same biologically.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    I think he's young and young people think they're bullet proof and race with a "win or die trying" attitude. I did. Go to any motocross track and watch the youngsters race. You'll see what I mean. They'd think nothing of centerpunching and running over their own mothers if the ol' git wandered in front of them while they were leading a moto.
    I disagree, I think it comes more down to passion than anything else. There are many cases of older drivers still being flat out racers.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

But surely not all of those from African descent are superb basketball players. How do you know that those that you played had not just played for longer than you have?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Well, I know that the Mauries are fantastic Rugby players. The Kiwis also do a great Haka.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Aside of certain countries of Europe, Asian are master in playing badminton.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Please Guys let's stick to F1, thanks
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    So, according to you, why is it that all record holders in track and field, most of the best boxers, most of the best basketball players, etc., happen to have African blood? Any conspiracy theory?
    Its quite simple and its a matter of culture and economics. In many western countries blacks tend to be poorer and therefore are more likely to go into sports than follow a conventional career pathway which requires a long expensive education. Its also a case of upbringing and culture. In America for example many blacks are brought up with basketball players as role models.

You'd have thought that if black people have such an advantage in terms of reaction times then they'd be actively sought after in motorsports too, yet Lewis Hamilton has entered F1 approximately 100 years after GP racing started and he's only half black. Again, thats a matter of economics and culture with no black role models in a sport that requires a lot of funding to get in.