Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness
    If memorable means punting Irvine out of the way, sure that was memorable...
    I remember it well but I think Irvine may have been able to avoid it or prevent it happening.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 1996 Monaco Grand Prix was a classic, a true endurance race (they even reached the time limit). Monaco does have boring races but its so unique that the unpredictable can happen and make the most amazing Grand Prix that imprint on your mind forever.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    There's been lots said about what should be done, and the FIA have a working group looking at the "problem" of overtaking, but if the drivers are bored, never mind the spectators, then it's painfully obvious that something has to be done, and quickly.
    Indeed. Personally, after all these years I'm not bothering to wake up anymore. I noticed that something was really really wrong when I found myself flipping channels during a race
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I tend to find myself watching American LeMans racing more now. At least you have 4 races going on at once and can focus on any one if the others become boring. It also adds quite a bit to strategy and skill when you have high speed prototypes negotiating the same track as lower speed GT cars. The drivers are more fan-friendly and less "elite."

F1 is still OK, but it's not my #1 passion anymore. When there is only a fraction of a second per lap difference between the top 4 or 6 cars, you aren't going to see a lot of passing. Even if you're 1 or 2 tenths faster per lap than the car in front, that hardly means that you'll be able to go flying by him on a long straight.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the thing about f1 is once you're hooked, you're hooked.
    i admit that for many years i was only able to watch on and off, largely due to circumstances beyond my control. i have never been able to give it up: i always find a back.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch F1, but in the past when F1 was shown here in the US on tape delay and ALMS was on at the same time, I'd tape the ALMS race and watch F1. Now I'd probably do it the other way around.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeall
    I remember it well but I think Irvine may have been able to avoid it or prevent it happening.
    Don't know how as he Panis run into his back while he was taking the hairpin and made him spun.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn Buccaneer
    the thing about f1 is once you're hooked, you're hooked.
    That's it.

It doesn't matter how bad things get. As long as they continue to hold F1 races, I'll be watching them.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    The point was in reagrds to passing in Monaco. Panis' win was due to attrition and not a hard fought win where passing was involved.
    Sorry to bring this specific point up again, but have you actually ever watched that race? He carries out a lot of overtakes.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    If memorable means punting Irvine out of the way, sure that was memorable...
    And I don't think that going into a gap down the inside of someone who then doesn't get out of the way is merely punting someone off.

Point is that you can pass at Monaco.