Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excellent news. Silverstone National track sucks big time. Rockingham is so much better. Good move BTCC

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    The racing the last time the BTCC went to Rockingham was, let's face it, absolutely fantastic and mostly very clean. But the driving standards were generally better then, in my opinion.

I also think that it's a mistake to drop Silverstone for a couple of other important reasons. Whether or not it's a good place to watch at the circuit, the racing tends to be good, and as the home of the British GP it is probably the best-known track in the UK today. Not for nothing did it get the biggest crowd of 2006.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Not for nothing did it get the biggest crowd of 2006.
    Bear in mind that it was the championship finale and they always tend to be more full of action and attract bigger crowds.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Bear in mind that it was the championship finale and they always tend to be more full of action and attract bigger crowds.
    Indeed, but Silverstone, for all its faults, remains a more prestigious venue than Rockingham.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Indeed, but Silverstone, for all its faults, remains a more prestigious venue than Rockingham.
    Yes, but the national layout sucks for racing. The International track is better. Rockingham will be great with WTCC regs next season. I can't wait.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Apart from Silverstone being more "prestigious", there's not really a lot more that it can offer over Rockingham.

That 1 Rockingham meeting was amazing, maybe it won't be always that action packed but Silverstone has had some good action over the years too.

Like many people have said, the only thing bad about this move is that Silverstone misses out completely while Thruxton AND Brands have 2 rounds each.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I agree with the majority here - thumbs up for Rockingham, but shame that Silverstone - "the home of British Motorsport" - has had to be dropped.
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedworx
    Yes, but the national layout sucks for racing. The International track is better. Rockingham will be great with WTCC regs next season. I can't wait.
    Can't figure your thinking here - surely the short track has always delivered much closer racing in the BTCC AND all the support champs as well. International layout only ever splits up the fields from what I can remember a bit like Donington GP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Powered by Cosworth
    This is quite good news. Although Rockingham is in Corby *Shudder* it's still a good track

Corby - home of the ASBO-dodgers. And no, thats not an American football team.
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thompp
    Corby - home of the ASBO-dodgers. And no, thats not an American football team.