Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler
    I can not understand how you could draw this conclusion.

I saw the crash, and didn't see Garry anywhere near the car. How you can attempt to blame the Clerk of Course for a competitor losing control is beyond me.

I guess that is why you are where you are and why Garry just gets on with organising another rally in Australia.

I guess you don't know who spent the most time at Daniels bedside in Perth either.

Shame on you Daniel: a cheap and ill informed comment
    Shame on YOU for siding with the petty jobsworth rather than wanting the rules interpreted within the spirit in which they were created and letting the regulations get used a petty individual to extract revenge upon someone he'd had a coming together with. It's the sign of a professional to leave out petty personal rivalries. Connelly didn't have the class to do that.

It's sad that people like Gary, Solitt and yourself exist in this sport at a high level. If you agree with Gary and would do what he did then you're no better or less petty than him. I could understand if Colin had been 20 minutes late for chosing his position and had the advantage of chosing his position after getting updated weather information or something but he wasn't late to chose his spot and he wouldn't have gained any advantage if he was allowed to chose his position as he should have been rather than being at the rendezvous point a little earlier. Yes rallying is about rules and regulations and if someone gets caught abusing the regulations then they should be punished. Everyone knew what putting Colin first on the road would do to his title hopes and rather than levying an appropriate punishment for what is such a minor oversight Gary did to Colin what he knew would hurt him.

As I said I blame the clerk of the course for screwing around with the rally because of a petty rivalry he was having with a driver.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Shame on YOU for siding with the petty jobsworth rather than wanting the rules interpreted within the spirit in which they were created and letting the regulations get used a petty individual to extract revenge upon someone he'd had a coming together with. It's the sign of a professional to leave out petty personal rivalries. Connelly didn't have the class to do that.

It's sad that people like Gary, Solitt and yourself exist in this sport at a high level. If you agree with Gary and would do what he did then you're no better or less petty than him. I could understand if Colin had been 20 minutes late for chosing his position and had the advantage of chosing his position after getting updated weather information or something but he wasn't late to chose his spot and he wouldn't have gained any advantage if he was allowed to chose his position as he should have been rather than being at the rendezvous point a little earlier. Yes rallying is about rules and regulations and if someone gets caught abusing the regulations then they should be punished. Everyone knew what putting Colin first on the road would do to his title hopes and rather than levying an appropriate punishment for what is such a minor oversight Gary did to Colin what he knew would hurt him.

As I said I blame the clerk of the course for screwing around with the rally because of a petty rivalry he was having with a driver.

Please stop this "I'm holier than thou" routine.

There are at least two sides to a story and for all we know there are probably more. So stop making presumptions & stating allegations with your own held biases. Stick to the thread or otherwise you can start another for yourself to continue your ranting & raving.

In the meantime, I have meetings for most of next week for how Rally Australia can be a great event for the competitor, spectator & the local community alike in northern New South Wales. It will be a top class magnificent event due to the hard work of over 1,500 people & not one sole man.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock
    Please stop this "I'm holier than thou" routine.

There are at least two sides to a story and for all we know there are probably more. So stop making presumptions & stating allegations with your own held biases. Stick to the thread or otherwise you can start another for yourself to continue your ranting & raving.

In the meantime, I have meetings for most of next week for how Rally Australia can be a great event for the competitor, spectator & the local community alike in northern New South Wales. It will be a top class magnificent event due to the hard work of over 1,500 people & not one sole man.
    Listen. Someone stated that because Gary Connelly was involved it would be a success and I merely stated that Gary isn't quite the guy he appears to be. Gary publicly screwed Colin over. Max Mosley has never done such a thing yet is labelled as the anti-christ of rallying. Yet Gary seems to have a good reputation This forum is about discussion right? If someone makes a statement and I don't agree with it them I'm entitled to disagree and provide reasons and evidence of my opinion.

There may be two sides to the story BUT that's 2 members of Rally Australia staff that have agreed with me that Gary was simply being an ass and a certain Nicky Grist who chose to have a few "choice" words about him as well. I chose to believe them as they were actually there and part of the organisation when it happened rather than a TRD salesman, a person who appears to have some involvement with the WRC but has never come out and said at what level that is at and someone who is working on Rally Australia in 2008 . All the comebacks have merely been heresay and have just assumed that Gary has done nothing wrong rather than actually providing evidence to suggest otherwise or even justification for his actions.

I can stand here hand on heart and say that I saw Colin on the stage in 2001 ready to chose his starting position before the others chose their position and that 2 officials involved in the year to year organisation of Rally Australia at a relatively high level can confirm that Gary had previously that week had a coming together with Colin. Plus if you really want to get first hand evidence of what happened ask Nicky or Colin about what happened. If you want to provide evidence to the contrary? Feel free!!!!!!

It's not a bias either. If I had a dislike of Connelly previously and then this happened and it clouded my judgement you could accuse me of being biased. But my only reason for disliking Connelly is because of his public meddling with a WRC event for the most petty of reasons. Previous to what happened in 2001 Connelly was just the clerk of the course and I had no opinion good or bad about him.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

There is nothing more dangerous than half a truth.

You may know certain pieces of the puzzle but it does not mean you know the whole facts or truth either. For the rest, you are guessing and/or accepting here say yourself.

I am not for or against anything in regards to Gary. I also strongly believe that everyone is entitled to have an opinion & to express it, but they do not have the right to impress that opinion on anyone else who do not wish it to be so.

You have stated your opinion. Others have expressed theirs. Time to let it rest.

Let us just stick to the topic of this thread.

So as there is no bad blood & to show I am not hiding behind anonymity on the net. I work for the Local Government area in NSW that will host some 260km of stages for Rally Australia. Twelve months will fly by with all the items we need to look at & work on to ensure a better event than Perth ever hosted. I am part of a service crew in the Australian Rally Championship for the past couple of years & I am not a part of the Rally Australia staff.

\"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    I am looking forward to a very good Rally Australia next year.

The roads look fast, and should hold up well.

This will provide a very similar car set up to New Zealand, and should produce some good competition.

The Gold Coast has good hotel infrastructure, and should provide a popular base.

Bring it on!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can't wait until the date is confirmed so I can plan my time off work to be a stage official. Much easier to get to then WA.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Big job ahead there Livewireshock.Good luck with it all.Myself and a few mates will be camping down there for the event and I am really looking forward to it. Bring it on!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to RallySport Magazine - NZ Natterings - a member from SWRT has received a copy of the Kyogle route and both Citroen and Ford had someone to drive the stages.
    Hmm - I'm a resident and if anyone cares to drive Collins Creek Road route you'll see we perform rally stuff on every trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugdriver
    According to RallySport Magazine - NZ Natterings - a member from SWRT has received a copy of the Kyogle route and both Citroen and Ford had someone to drive the stages.
    Hmm - I'm a resident and if anyone cares to drive Collins Creek Road route you'll see we perform rally stuff on every trip.
    No exact route has been distributed or been officially released. It was a general guide to roads in the area & possible routes. As the interview with Citreon's Grataloup said, speed restriction measures will still need to be put in place yet. Plus it has to be put before Kyogle Council yet.

Having said that, living at Collins Creek, you will almost certainly have a front gate vantage point. Expect stages from Horseshoe Creek across to Gladys Creek, Homesleigh Rd, Hillyard Rd into Webb Rd, Ettrick to Sextonville, Boomi, Eden Creek Rd along to Wiangaree & Iron Pot Creek Rd around to Toonumbar Dam. Barkers Vale is an desired area but all the communes near there will be troublesome to placate.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Is the new Rally Aus region a Bunyip area ?
    Will the wrc cars drag any of those rocks out of the road surface ?
    Is there any tie in with the Caloundra event as many wrc events tend to shift about a bit over time ?