Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    Accusing her(and anyone else with similar problems) of stupidity would be the last thing I'd do.
    I really don't understand why anyone would say that.

We all know drugs aren't good for you. Starting to take them is your own choice. We all know smoking, drinking, driving while blind and jumping off the White Cliffs of Dover may cause harm. Why see some as not your own fault and the others as wholey your own stupid fault? Because of the addiction element?

Plenty of people are addicted to adrenalin/dopamine rushes, too. That's why they jump out of perfectly good planes .... and if they do it without using a 'chute and land on their skull would we call them anything but stupid?

I'm addicted to nicotine and I never blamed anyone but myself for that. I'm stupid to have started. All other addicts are equally lacking gorm, especially if they leave rehab twice in a week to get drunk
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Saying that it's all her fault solves the whole problem, doesn't it? I recall her saying that "she'll die in a year if she goes on like this". She seems to know what she's playing with, let's leave her alone... Bet she's already feeling quite lonely and empty anyway, more accusations would just make us get rid of her faster(yeeeeaaa! or maybe not so very...).

See yesterday I couldn't even kill an insect on a wall because it hadn't bitten me or anything so I just let it be. :\
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Read? Can you recommend some books about racing in the times of Varzi, Nuvolari, Rosemeyer etc?
    From my collection; there's good bits about Varzi and Rosemeyer in Nigel Roebuck's Grand Prix Greats, and Kings of the Nurburgring by Chris Nixon also offers detailed profiles of Caracciola and Nuvolari, but there are probably more suitable books out there which concentrate solely on this era.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Plenty of people are addicted to adrenalin/dopamine rushes, too. That's why they jump out of perfectly good planes .... and if they do it without using a 'chute and land on their skull would we call them anything but stupid?
    If they did so knowingly, I would suggest that there is probably some sort of psychological problem there which goes some way beyond merely being 'stupid'.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    She obviously has a problem, and denying that problem is one of her problems too.
    Very well put.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Saying that it's all her fault solves the whole problem, doesn't it?
    No, it just places blame.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    No, it just places blame.
    And what positive change does it make?
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    None Erki. I was asked at the start of the thread what I thought of her, not what I'd do to help her.

I don't expect she specifically wants my help, so why wonder what I'd do for the positive if she did?