Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan carr
    Has anyone got anything positive to say?
    What's your view of this incident then?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You mean like I did at the start!!

We had the Red Arrows flypast
    We had an incident packed PUT race that ended with a green/white/chequer
    We had two good quality V8 races without any yellows and the two RAF cars winning.

And then it rained..... 3 out of four races today in this summer has got to be above average.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From my knowledge of the infield circuit, after severe drizzle it can be dreadful. After a downpour like the one we had during the Ford Saloons, it becomes Lake Rockingham in some places and takes aeons to drain away.

Therefore, Race Control took the decision to can the Fiesta race on the infield in view of safety. The drivers were very unhappy and decided to rant their fury at poor ol' Chiggers on the gantry.

Regardless of common sense the fiesta drivers continued their protest to the point where the PuT race ran out of time.

Comments were made blaming the StockCars for the delay by running our two races back to back.

Yet again, the real villians were black clouds emitting wet stuff, and self importance.

The losers were the 1. The crowd. 2. The crowd, 3. The crowd. 4. The PuT's, and 5. The Fiesta's.

Comments overheard by spotters in their gallery.. "fiesta's cancelled? oh it's those pickup things, I like them!"

I feel we may have won some supporters, but the debacle at then end creates a blot on the copybook, even though it wasn't the fault of the BRSCC, the RS Owners Club, SHP, the V8 Trophy, or British Aiways.

Though they say any publicity is good publicity.

I bet Autosport blames the Stock Cars fo racing in the dry if it can be bothered to write a report.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Firstly I must say that my family and I had a great day out at Rockingham today.

If I was to point a finger of blame it would have to be at the organisers, as during the day they knew that time was starting to slip away. I know this as I was asked to start the V8s at 2, but it was nearly 2.30 before they got underway.

I am grateful that they have tried to put on a full days sport, which covers a diverse selection of motor sport. Equally I do not want a public hanging or someone’s nether regions nailed to the front gates, but they must have known that time was getting tight so should have clipped laps from all the final races. This would have given them enough time to compete the full program and have spare time for any mishaps such as the problem with the Ford getting removed from the track. Effective time management would have left all race fans satisfied on what could have been a spectacular race day and I hope that we can learn from this and not let it happen again.

I must also mention the Ford Fiesta driver protest, this was out of place and not called for, grow up, pick up your teddies and get back in your pram! You had a right to complain but not at the expense of other racers.

We are all disappointed that the day ended this way; it could have been so much better.

Thank you Rockingham/BRSCC for trying hard, still room for improvement guys!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know what time the curfew starts at the track? Only that was another reason the BRSCC officials gave for the fiasco at the end of the day.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racing59
    From my knowledge of the infield circuit, after severe drizzle it can be dreadful. After a downpour like the one we had during the Ford Saloons, it becomes Lake Rockingham in some places and takes aeons to drain away.

I feel we may have won some supporters, but the debacle at then end creates a blot on the copybook, even though it wasn't the fault of the BRSCC, the RS Owners Club, SHP, the V8 Trophy, or British Aiways.
    Well said Rob. Summed it up perfectly!!!

(PS please find the rest of your cylinders for the next round.)
    Somewhere else in 2008???:( (exept Mallory :) )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard

Given what happened to us last time, guess both lots of drivers had a right to be hacked off, but I think the Fiesta lot were well in the wrong to do what they did. If they had a dispute, they should have gone through official channels instead of taking matters into their own hands. To clamber over the pit wall onto a track that was about to go live is a truly stupid thing to do.
    I totally agree, it wasn't the pickup teams fault the fiesta race was cancelled why ruin their race take it up with the organisers if your not happy dont p**s of your fellow motorsport competitors.
    Stanty was definately not ammused after spending a frantic hour and a half or so helping him repair a badly damaged truck and getting it ready to go again and then being told the race was cancelled because people were refusing to move of the grid didn't go down to well with the normally laid back big John!
    I can understand the Fiesta guys being annoyed but come on be fair go through the proper channels dont make yourself look silly by doing things like that it'll only have dire consequences on your own racing future.
    if you want it done properly do it yourself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In fairness to the Fiesta guys (& pick-ups too) if i'd been sat around allday and had paid to race i would have been hacked off at not getting a race- though i dont think going over to the gantry and shouting at Chigley was the right thing to do.

I do also feel sorry for the fans who also feel cheated out of the 2nd pick up race- We and (several other that i know) will think very very hard about purchasing season tickets next year-- and before anyone starts saying we are not true fans, all of us (10 ) have been going since the very beginning and have supported the SCSA/ASCAR through thick and thin.
    Roll on the 2009 Daytona 500!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You gotta feel sorry for the likes of Phil White and John Stant to name just two who did such a great job and their guys worked so hard to be ready for the second race,before the debicle at the end. I think the BRSCC are to blame for the mess, I thought the pick up trucks were supposed to be the headline formula at rockingham and the T.V cameras were there to give them some much needed publicity.....what a mess thanks BRSCC!
    The future is always Oval

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the big loss in what happened is that if the put's had raced it would have showed the number of first time visitors that were left that good fast racing can take place on the oval in the wet
    a lot of people must be put off if forecast is for rain despite rocks superb facilities
    but if they had seen what the racing can really be like with one of the best kept secrets in motor sport racing in the wet on the oval they might reconsider good old rock when it's rainin