Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tisme
    so i can't walk round the track?
    Nope... This is the American experience. You sit in your seat and watch the racing! Take some binoculars with you if you want to see it all.

You can walk between turn 4 and turn 1. If you are lucky, you might be able to get into the BTCC paddock, but I expect on race day you won't be able to.

A totally un-British track! I like you, enjoy walking round the track viewing it from different corners. Not sure if I will be going...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tisme - there are a few places where you can photograph action - but one of the nicest is from the garage roof looking down onto the pits
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat
    If you are lucky, you might be able to get into the BTCC paddock, but I expect on race day you won't be able to.

A totally un-British track!

I see no reason why you will not be able to access the paddock! Rockingham is better suited to pitlane access and driver autograph sessions than any other track in the UK!

If being able to see every bit of every lap! is un-British
    then you are right! however, instead of wondering how x got past y, you will know ! no matter where you are sat!

I think this is Fantastic news!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdb
    If being able to see every bit of every lap! is un-British
    then you are right! however, instead of wondering how x got past y, you will know ! no matter where you are sat!
    I think what he is saying is that most tracks in this country you can walk around. But you can't at Rockingham! At Brands when they use the GP circuit, you can go out to Dingle Dell, or as Tarquini once called it, 'Dingle Dongle Dell', and watch from there. At Donington you can watch one race from Redgate, then another from the Craners and so on. At Rockingham you watch it from one place!

British spectators like walking round the track. It's not a case of seeing the whole track!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bad move for no silverstone

although rockingham is good

drop a thruxton round and shove silverstone back in there it was ace this year
    BTCC-All the Honda's
    WTCC-Priaulx
    V8-Lowndes and courtney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tisme
    I haven't been to Rockingham before. Can you walk all around the track and get close to the track like you can at Brands Hatch? So I can take pictures with my new camera.
    Although you can't "walk around the track" there isn't many seats at Rockingham than don't give you a 100% view (as appose to a 99.9% view). And there is nothing to stop you moving within the stands :

Besides which, the "wandering" experience is available at the other circuits so why not sit down and enjoy the day...

...and anyway, it replaces Silverstone where places with reasonable views are very limited and you'd spend your day walking around seeing virtually nothing..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Farcical decison by the BTCC. ITV have clearly got a hold of them by the balls and the end result is a visit to a big white elephant in the middle of an industrial estate, instead of somewhere rich in history that got the biggest crowd of the season thru the gates. I'm sorry but it's a Mickey Mouse circuit and i don't think everyone will be singing it's praises when we get a load of wrecked cars having gone into one of those concrete walls, especially with the driving standards we see now.
    You are not a salmon:!:

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bloody brilliant!

Glad to be going back to the Rock
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its great news that the BTCC are back at Rockingham, The last race there was one of the best of the year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm going to try and miss the first weekend back at Uni after Easter to make it to the Rock, rather pleased that it's back on the calendar although as I said in another thread not at the expense of Silverstone.

Additionally, as we saw with Mike Jordan at Silverstone, a touring car hitting a concrete wall can have bad effects. Since that wasn't even on a corner, and there's so much wall at rockingham, is there too much potential for more bad accidents?