Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Watkins Glen Cup thread & entry list

48 cars entered
    'Top 35', no changes other than Mark Martin out of #01 and Regan Smith in (instead of the Aric Almirola switch previously announced.)
    'Need for Speed' road course subs, PJ Jones in #00, Terry Labonte in #55, Brian Simo in #37, & Patrick Carpentier in #10. Also Mark Goossens in Riley-D'Hondt Toyota #91.

Surprised no Boris Said on list.

(With Regan Smith still in #01 does this mean he's moved up the short list for #8 next year?)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There was an article on Jayski the other day that stated that Mark Martin was really going to bat for Regan. Maybe he has convinced the higher-ups at DEI to give Smith a chance.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Carp?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So far only 39 entries for the Busch race

http://www.motorsportsone.com/busch/entry.htm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is Marcos Ambrose entered?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yup! Robbie too!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I LOVE IT! Bring on the biff!

(Only kidding. Us serious race fans would never ever watch races for crashes and/or fights. Heh heh.)
    Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MD24
    So far only 39 entries for the Busch race

http://www.motorsportsone.com/busch/entry.htm
    Expect some Start and Park teams to enter before the weekend
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Is Marcos Ambrose entered?
    no he is not racing in it ,bloody shame we didn't get to see the #47 in aussie colours with all aussie sponsors on it,

AMBROSE NEXTEL CUP DEBUT WITH WOOD BROTHERS/JTG RACING ON HOLD

At the beginning of the season, Wood Brothers/JTG Racing announced its plans to enter Marcos Ambrose in both of the Nextel Cup road course races in 2007.

Several circumstances have delayed Ambrose’s Cup debut and he will not be competing in Nextel Cup at Watkins Glen with Wood Brothers/JTG Racing this weekend, according to team co-owner, Tad Geschickter.

“We want to be totally prepared when we embark on Marcos’ Cup career,” said Geschickter.

“We have no doubts that he will succeed at the top level of our sport. The combination of our #21 Cup car fighting to regain a guaranteed starting position in points and the unforeseen complexities of the new ‘Car of Tomorrow’ introduction has forced us to rethink our earlier plans.

“Combine these factors with Marcos having a real opportunity to finish well inside the coveted top 10 in Busch Series points and we felt that stretching our resources to rush his Cup debut was the wrong thing to do at this time.”

Ambrose fully supported the decision and is looking forward to making his Nextel Cup debut with Wood Brothers/JTG Racing in the future.

“There is no doubt that my goal is to drive in the Nextel Cup Series and it is what I am focused on doing in the future,” said Ambrose.

“I want to make sure that we are well prepared when we have a go at it.

“I’m excited about the progress that this team is making with my Busch equipment and I agree that we need to focus our efforts on continuing to improve.

2 cars gathering data would have been good for the teams this is going to put more Pressure on Bill to get the car running good, but we know that Bill can set up a car & everybody was worried at the start of the year if Marcos would even make the busch race at Montreal, give him the tools & he will make just about every race as we have seen in the last 2 seasons
    What he did at Montreal is proof that he does know how to set up a car for road courses. His car & him was the class act there & the so called road ringers sure know that now!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Nice to see Patrick Carpentier in there