Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I'm calling it. Saturday, August 4, 2007 19:94. Robby Gordon is a retard.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    you should know that hes gonna get disqualified for the finish (he took the checkers with a black flag)

Harvick won
    Yeah i realise that but i think Robbie was the moral winner,it was clear to see on tv the caution flag was being waved when Ambrose spun him out.
    I'm suprised harvick wasnt black flagged as well for deliberately spinning out Pruet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gordon should be banned.

Great drive by Carpentier even if he was a bit lucky at the end.
    Words you say never seem To live up to the ones Inside your head....and I don't like what you got me hanging from.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    Yeah i realise that but i think Robbie was the moral winner,it was clear to see on tv the caution flag was being waved when Ambrose spun him out.
    They were also waving before Robby passed him in the first place.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    I'm suprised harvick wasnt black flagged as well for deliberately spinning out Pruet.
    I guess you missed the part where Pruett ran him off the road before the hairpin right
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's likely Montreal could get a Cup date.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I guess you missed the part where Pruett ran him off the road before the hairpin right

My take was that was an accidental racing incident,harvicks was intentional.
    I've never been that sure about nascar running on road courses but this race has even convinced me that nascar should run more of them,it was a great race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I posted this on another forum but I will post it here as well....

If Robbie Gordon isn't parked for the rest of the season, NASCAR is actually the most incompotent sanctioning body of any sporting series on the planet. Actually the fact that they actually threw the green flag with Gordon still directly behind Ambrose pretty much solidifies that honor. Was there actually anyone who DIDN'T think that Gordon was going to spin Ambrose out? Basically, NASCAR just gave Ambrose a huge penalty as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A recap for those not watching. On a GWC restart to the finish Marcos Ambrose & Robby Gordon get through T1-2 clean, while pos3-10? get into each other, with Harvick mostly to blame, and a assist to Pruett. Before the caution comes out Robby makes a gutsy clean move over the curbs to pass MA. In the next Turn he gets spun out, probably after the yellow. Robby has dropped to about 10th by the time he gets going again. He quickly moves up to the front, gives MA a 'very mild' tap in the rear before getting behind the pace car. Nascar chooses not to penalize Ambrose, Harvick, Pruett and maybe a couple more for agressive driving, but wants Robby to move back to the spot he was in when he spun out. He refuses, (they don't red flag until it's sorted out) On the restart he punts MA and motors on to his "win".
    Robby got screwed, but his tantrum will probably get him suspended. Harvick doesn't deserve the win (and I'm someone who rarely comments on that), but franky I don't know who does deserve it.
    Some great driving by a few, some crappy driving also, some of the same drivers too. Mechanical failures to be expected on a road course. Not a great race, but an entertaining one. It will be a sell out next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdalbey
    I posted this on another forum but I will post it here as well....

If Robbie Gordon isn't parked for the rest of the season, NASCAR is actually the most incompotent sanctioning body of any sporting series on the planet. Actually the fact that they actually threw the green flag with Gordon still directly behind Ambrose pretty much solidifies that honor. Was there actually anyone who DIDN'T think that Gordon was going to spin Ambrose out? Basically, NASCAR just gave Ambrose a huge penalty as well.
    I put the over/under at six week suspension. No Cup points since it was a Busch race, but they may just fine him as both driver & entrant.