Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    The big teams, such as the Barwell Astons requires VIP passes, but some of the smaller teams who don't board up their garages are quite happy to have you lurking if you ask a team member nicely. They'll even allow you to take a peek at next door's garages and it's possible to stand right next to the F3 cars as they're being fired up in pitlane as they head for the grid.

The guys who run the Ford Mustang are nice fellas. They don't mind who walks in and out of their garage!

There's a near 30 car grid in F3 and plenty of strength in depth in terms of driver talent.

On the undercard there should be VWs, Ginettas and Historic GTs. They may lack kudos compared to the Clio and Cupra Cup but are just as entertaining.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As has already been said, we found some of the teams quite approachable & friendly & as a generalisation, the more professional looking outfits not.

We saw the begining & the end of the GT race & fitted in a refreshment break in between. As I don't really follow the series, I personally had more interest in the SCSA & PUT races. That said, it is always nice to see an alternative type of racing at the Rock.
    Kerchow!
    1 winner, 42 losers.
    I eat losers for breakfast...faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning McQueen!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ta

ta for that info!

gave me more of an idea, I havn't thought about the series really and didnt get to think about going last year cos I was working.

thanks anyway!
    TKM kart racer:)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As most of you know I now look after the PR for both the Lloyds TSB Insurance British F3 International Series and the Avon Tyres British GT Championship. The Rockingham round is going to be one of the highlights of the year and will (possibly) be where the F3 title is decided but almost certainly be where the BGT title is won.

At all F3/GT events we try to make the spectators feel welcome. We have driver autograph sessions at every event. The teams and drivers are very approachable and are always willing to sign autographs and have a chat if their schedule allows. As an aside Nigel Mansell has been at every event as his sons race in the British F3 series and I think I'm safe in saying this will be his first trip back to Rockingham since he officially opened Rockingham with those Champ Car laps on the 26th May 2001.

There are plans for other activities at this event. I can't say too much at the moment until everything is confirmed but expect a few extras on that weekend.

If you check out the reports on the championship websites - http://www.britishf3international.com and http://www.britishgt.com - you'll see how exciting the racing has been at every event this year. This will be British F3's first visit since 2003 and the races in 2001 to 2003 had some great overtaking in them.

Anyway I will keep this forum updated as the event gets closer. AND I'm looking forward to coming back to Rockingham to see some old friends!

Jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Carter
    There are plans for other activities at this event. I can't say too much at the moment until everything is confirmed but expect a few extras on that weekend.

Jeff
    I'm quite amenable to come along and show these GT boys how (not) to do donuts and entertain the crowd!!

As it'll be after our season closer - I'll have plenty of tyres to burn!!!

Or better still, convince Stephane that he really really needs a non-championship Mac Tools V8 Trophy race there to support the GT's.....

Rob.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The F3/GT is going to be a great event. Really looking forward to it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racing59
    I'm quite amenable to come along and show these GT boys how (not) to do donuts and entertain the crowd!!

As it'll be after our season closer - I'll have plenty of tyres to burn!!!

Rob.
    I guess you won't be using this tyre?

Kerchow!
    1 winner, 42 losers.
    I eat losers for breakfast...faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning McQueen!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

British GT Fan Forum

Just to let you know we stage a Fan Forum at each of the British GT rounds with our media partner Pistonheads. BAsically we have an online competition where members of the Pistonheads forum have put their name down to win a ticket to the Fan Forum with a selected team.

At Donington it was the Barwell Aston Martins; at Snetterton it was VRS Motor Finance Ferrari and at Brands it was the Moore Racing Viper ( http://www.pistonheads.com/motorspor...?storyId=16469 ). It is the winners chance to put their questions to the selected team and have a good close up look at the car.

This has gone down well so far this year and anybody can enter to win a place. I'm planning on running this with the Team Modena Lamborghini at Rockingham.

I wonder where I got the idea for a Fan Forum from?

Jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oooo, we like Team Modena. Might have to look into that.

On a side note, good that there appears to be a much larger turnout that last season. The GT3 race was a little dull last year, though GTC was awesome, but hopefully with some of the big teams coming, it should make the day a blast!
    "Before Stonehenge was 'Woodhenge' and 'Strawhenge', but a big bad wolf came and blew them down, and 3 little piggies were relocated to other projects"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Three day meeting? Where are the marshals comming from for Friday? I've used all my holiday up so that rules me out and also my son, so if the last meeting headcount on Saturday is anything to go by it just leaves Jordygirl to man (no pun intended) the bank!!!!!!
    Somewhere else in 2008???:( (exept Mallory :) )