Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,490 Times in 851 Posts
    Gained 3 points on Neuville? made larger gains on Evans & Fourmaux though, should get that third place. At least he's got (finally) his first podium of the year.
    Ogier here showing a master class, so annoying he's not doing a full championship, I'm aware he has his reasons but it seems he hasn't lost any of his competitiveness since he retire at the end of 2021.

Liked 2,139 Times in 932 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Gained 3 points on Neuville? made larger gains on Evans & Fourmaux though, should get that third place. At least he's got (finally) his first podium of the year.
    Ogier here showing a master class, so annoying he's not doing a full championship, I'm aware he has his reasons but it seems he hasn't lost any of his competitiveness since he retire at the end of 2021.
    Will see, he is doing next 2 rallies with good starting positions..

Tanak gained 2p over Neuville. Gap would have been same with old point system: 18+4 and 15+5..

Liked 184 Times in 113 Posts
    Congratulations to Ogier for the win, great performance! For me, winner is also Neuville, he got 24 points from 1st on the road. If it rains on Sardegna, he is a real favourite for title

Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Congratulations to Ogier for the win, great performance!
    What was so great? He had another advantageous road position and once again benefitted from others crashing......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 12,241 Times in 5,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Only 2 points, would have been 4 if he had been faster than him on PS and Ogier wouldnt have let Neuville pass in sunday standings.

I think i agree that the biggest winner was Neuville, first from the road and to gain 24 points from here. I cant see anyone beating him for the title this year, at the moment not at least, he is just so strong.

Very good rally from Tänak, not feeling comfortable in the car at all but still managed to fight for the win, such a shame about that low puncture. He got 5 stage wins, he had 5 stage wins in total before this rally. But like he said, this wont work out at every rally.

Very good rally overall, exciting all the time. Bring on Sardinia!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 116 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    What was so great? He had another advantageous road position and once again benefitted from others crashing......
    Great is to be fast and in the same time not to crash. An he was overall fastest of those, who did not crash.

Liked 846 Times in 391 Posts
    I think Ogier isn't as fast and as consistent as he was in his prime (when he was both very fast and very consistent), but he's an old fox who knows how to win a rally. If he was in the championship, then he let Tanak outscore him and Neuville only 1 point behind despite finishing 3rd, but Ogier cares for rally wins now and he did very good on that regard.
    Finally a great rally for Ott in the Hyundai. Great also from Neuville, 1st on the road, especially compared to Evans. Evans was unlucky with the engine gremlins, but too slow this weekend in any case. Fourmaux keeps showing maturity.
    Last edited by focus206; 12th May 2024 at 13:35.

8. Likes: dimviii (12th May 2024),J4MIE (13th May 2024)
    Liked 184 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    I think Ogier isn't as fast and as consistent as he was in his prime (when he was both very fast and very consistent), but he's an old fox who knows how to win a rally. If he was in the championship, then he let Tanak outscore him and Neuville only 1 point behind despite finishing 3rd, but Ogier cares for rally wins now and he did very good on that regard.
    Finally a great rally for Ott in the Hyundai. Great also from Neuville, 1st on the road, especially compared to Evans. Evans was unlucky with the engine gremlins, but too slow this weekend in any case. Fourmaux keeps being showing maturity.
    Let's see if Evans will improve his pace on Sardegna. 24 points is now quite a big difference tbh.. With this new points system

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I think i agree that the biggest winner was Neuville, first from the road and to gain 24 points from here. I cant see anyone beating him for the title this year, at the moment not at least, he is just so strong.
    3 fast gravel rallies incoming after Sardegna, where Tanak and Evans are faster than Neuville. If Tanak keeps performing like this then I still see him in the title fight and it could be down to luck, if Neuville's Hyundai breaks down one more time than Tanak's or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Let's see if Evans will improve his pace on Sardegna. 24 points is now quite a big difference tbh.. With this new points system
    To me the limit is 30... one serious mechanical problem and +24 can be transformed into -1, -2, -3 etc.