Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
Three things that I think (just my opinions) will work against Andretti:
- A lot of people outside of NA fail to realize how big the Andretti name is in the US. Having Andretti in F1 will bring with it a lot of growth in the US as well as $US. But I think Europeans generally have trouble with the concept that a slightly smaller piece of a bigger pie is a good thing.
- The teams are afraid of losing their American sponsors to Andretti.
- The excitement that Drive to Survive brought to F1 and the corresponding increase in the value of F1 has peaked, so Andretti will be 'buying in high'.

I'd really like to see Andretti on the grid, but I still think there's quite a bit of struggle ahead before it happens.
On the last point, it is a small part of the story. I think the impact of the COVID lockdown almost brought most of the grid to the brink of bankruptcy has more to do with it. The current teams had to weather the lull by paying out of pocket to stay in the sport while no money was coming in. It kind of made every team on the grid have a higher value for having a slot on the grid.

It is not fear or worry of losing sponsors. It is simply that they are still feeling the pinch of it all. And fear it may recur again unexpectedly in the near future.