Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Even the regular rally is starting quite late - 4pm!

I wonder if this is in an effort to encourage MSUK to re-think their permit fee pricing structure. There was something on that in Motorsport News a few months ago when they did a big feature on the future of British rallying. I may have been the Rally North Wales clerk of the course who said it if I remember correctly.
    Must be a very compact route to be getting 3 loops of two stages in between 4pm and 11pm. Looking at maps it does seem the stages are generally very close to the service can see why they're restricting maximum entries.
    Without knowing the stages well my one concern as a competitor would be stage conditions after 3 runs, even the smoothest stages these days tend to have small sections that get rutted / rough.
    But don't want to sound negative as a co-driver I would love to be doing it and tackling forest stages in the dark is something I'm yet to experience as I'm sure many haven't.

Liked 405 Times in 252 Posts
    The last few years the service area has been a parcel of land off the A712 near Talnotry - very close to Clatteringshaws where the last two editions have had every stage. It’s in fact the other side of the road from Black Loch/Goat Park.

Last year’s rally was changed late on to three loops of two stages due to low entries, we must assume if all goes to plan this year it’ll be back to three stages so that 45 miles can run not including the optional third loop.

It’s good to see that rally organisers are trying these things;

The Malcolm Wilson was planning two more runs through both Grizedale stages to create about 98-99km of running. Even if the weather didn’t intervene it didn’t work out for the MWR unfortunately (I wonder how much of that was down to the BRC being the subject of the extra stage km)

The Speyside this year went up from barely over 60km to 85km with a Friday night leg. There was no shorter 45-mile rally running on the Saturday only as far as I can see and still it got 97 entries for a rally which is part of the SRC only - no BHRC, BTRDA or the like supporting it.

Then in October the Carlisle stages is running something - we don’t know what yet - on Friday night. I wonder whether it’ll be extra stages over the 70km mark or if it will be similar format to Grizedale Stages; running one stage on the Friday night but no extra total mileage.

Liked 9,386 Times in 4,996 Posts
    Great battle for the win on the Cork 20 between Meirion Evans and Callum Devine. Just 3.6s between them after 10 stages.

And the win goes to..... Devine by 2.7s !

A great battle and a real shame that the final stage was a drive through after a crash in the Historics running first.

The Championship is close for Devine now but the Ulster Rally has extra points.

Liked 359 Times in 193 Posts
    What seems to have gone mainly un-noticed is that Ray Breen was out in the family Subaru Legacy and finished 33rd overall.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (9th August 2023),the sniper (9th August 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    What seems to have gone mainly un-noticed is that Ray Breen was out in the family Subaru Legacy and finished 33rd overall.
    He got plenty of mentions and some coverage on the FB streams.

He also won his Class (19) after the accident of his rival Tomas Davies on the last stage. A double shame for the Welsh as this also ended Meirion Evans chance of the overall win.

Liked 359 Times in 193 Posts
    Chris Lord one of the last of the famous "Yorkshire Mafia" has sadly passed away. Remember him on many an event in my formative years in various Griflex backed cars from a Chevette thru to a Quattro then an RX7.

rip

Liked 316 Times in 172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    Chris Lord one of the last of the famous "Yorkshire Mafia" has sadly passed away. Remember him on many an event in my formative years in various Griflex backed cars from a Chevette thru to a Quattro then an RX7.

rip
    Not to mention the "Elgam Organs" cars before the "Griflex" cars.

I'd forgotten that Evo were supposed to be promoting the BRC

https://www.evo.co.uk/rallying/20513...e-ulster-rally