Quote Originally Posted by Kras View Post
What is this mythical "Taka that impressed us all last year" that comentators keep talking about?
Overall I think that All Live was good this weekend. I really enjoyed seeing a lot of WRC2 cars, even the gentleman driver's!

But what Kras referred to is something that irritates me immensely. I'm not saying that Taka is a worthless driver or that he shouldn't be driving, but the All Live crew is not objective. I mean, according to them, everyone is good and fast and reliable and sometimes the car breaks down but not too often.

But that's BS and I'm sure they know it too. Let's take Taka as an example: yes, he has two podiums that came with smart drives. But he is not fast. On rallies that should feel like home to him (Finland, Sweden and Estonia) he hasn't been able to challenge for the podium. So I'm sorry, but in terms of Rally1 cars he is not fast, he is bang on average.

And I understand why the All Live crew says those safe things. I think that rallying does not need hot takes from the NBA, where clowns say X, Y and Z, because the rally fans do not need this, we have Luke Barry for that. But rallying does need to be objective and I don't find there's any harm in admitting the truth. It's not like NOT (the user here, to be exact) will be on air and say that Taka should build regular Toyota's in a factory rather than killing his enjoyment of watching a WRC event. There's nothing wrong in saying that Taka is consistent both in terms of pace and positions. But the word "impress" is too strong for him overall, I think.