Threaded View

Liked 682 Times in 478 Posts
    The new stuff and the directive have been pushed back to Spa. I really don't know why, but it somewhat makes sense being they are still figuring out what to try to change mid season. Personally I think the flexi floor thing is just a scape goat of a cry from Toto. Nobody really knows for sure who it doing what, but trying to bring in new regs and tests might hurt some teams more than others. I'm shocked myself that they write such vague regs. This is Formula 1 and every team will exploit any loophole they can find, that is the nature of the beast. If they write regs that can't be easily manipulated, then it won't happen.

France is a boring track to me, it just lacks character. All those runoff areas having the lines just makes it more obvious how forgiving those areas are now. You run wide, you re-enter. At least they are putting their foot down with track limits, but it still won't improve the track.

Being a smoother track, it will be interesting to see if Merc can get into the fight at the front on pace alone. It would be great to have more cars battling up front.
    Last edited by airshifter; 20th July 2022 at 03:01. Reason: darn auto correct broke it!