Threaded View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    So , if they had predicted a longevity of 36 laps , would you be happy ?

So , on the new tarmac at the track making it harder to predict , and with the recently discovered "cutting curbing" to add to the points I cited in my earlier post , could it be considered hard to predict ?

I would imagine the teams looking at the tires and making judgments , much like yourself , about the real characteristics of the tires .

And , I'm sure Pirelli learned more as well .

By the way , they weren't asked for "junk" tires , as you guys put it .
    They were given specific mandates to produce exactly what we have .
    Assuming the tyres does not pop before 36 laps, yes l and everyone else would be happy. Their 36 laps probably mean 32 laps.

There were talks about the kerbs at Beckett but there was no evidence that it was responsible for the tyre failures. You seem to find everyone else to blame for this, the teams, the track, maybe we should blame sky as well. It is what it is!

They haven't been asked to produce a tyre that does not meet their own clear stipulation to the teams regarding the maximum number of laps that a tyre should be run. If Pilrelli say 40 laps max for the hardest C1 tyre, that is what the teams reasonably expect the maximum life of the tyres to be. Not 37 laps. This is F1 the most technologically advanced racing platform in the world. If Pirelli say 40, then that is everyone's expectation.

That said, Silverston need more marshalls to do a proper clean up in the event of a crash. We cannot rule out cuts to the tyres being contributory to the tyre failure. Silverstone has always been very hard on tyres, Pirelli know that full well. Thats why they do tyre test at various tracks.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 7th August 2020 at 11:28.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare