Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why does Kelly have that look like (do you really want this jr.?)
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakebeatty
    DEI doesn't have a Seven Post Shaker or a Pull Down Rig to set up suspension, but they do have a RECORD LABEL!!!!!!

If they straighten their priorities, they may enjoy some success...
    Bingo!
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    First of all... I hope that Jr. is successful with Hendrick Motorsports. This does offer Jr. what he was looking for... the chance to win the Championship.

That said... he/and his fans will no longer have excuses... now that he is given equipment equal to the other team drivers @ Hendrick. Nor will Jr. be considered the team's number 1 driver, which he surely was @ DEI.

Jr. has the opportunity to show that he's capable of winning the Championship... and his racing skill will be displayed competing against drivers who are as good/or better... in equal equipment !!!

Next year will be Interesting !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The similarities between Rick Hendrick and George Steinbrenner are uncanny. Now they both have a "bought and paid for" team of superstars.
    \"I believe in a strong military, the Dukes Of Hazzards, and that chicken fried steak and gravy taste better than a cheerleader on game day!\"
    - Larry The Cable Guy
    #20 :burnout: #9 :burnout:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Anheuser-Busch Statement Regarding Dale Earnhardt Jr.:

Tony Ponturo, Vice President, Global Media and Sports Marketing Anheuser-Busch, Inc.: "Anheuser-Busch has enjoyed a remarkable relationship with Dale Earnhardt Jr. since our sponsorship commenced back in 1999. Dale Jr. is an excellent ambassador for the sport and our company, and we look forward to exploring options with Hendrick Motorsports and JR Motorsports to continue Budweiser’s relationship with him as he enters this new stage of his racing career." Per Anheuser-Busch policy, there will not be any additional public comments, nor interview requests granted regarding on-going negotiations or contracts. (fingerprintinc/Budwesier PR)
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Bud wants to keep Jr. as their spokesman. He fits well with the demographics they market to !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakebeatty
    DEI doesn't have a Seven Post Shaker or a Pull Down Rig to set up suspension, but they do have a RECORD LABEL!!!!!!

If they straighten their priorities, they may enjoy some success...
    I'm thinkin DEI is gonna get alot better now, now that the crybaby is gone, they can get to business, I expect Truex to start doin much better than he is doin now, their COT program is very good and Truex will I believe outshine Jr. who will be in a Hendrick car
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I'm thinkin DEI is gonna get alot better now, now that the crybaby is gone, they can get to business, I expect Truex to start doin much better than he is doin now, their COT program is very good and Truex will I believe outshine Jr. who will be in a Hendrick car
    LMAO, DEI loses 65% of their $$$ worth which will make them better. Especially with an owner that does not attend most of the races and will not spend any money improving the equipment. What driver will bring DEI the money that Jr did with Budweiser.....maybe Biffle who has already lost 3 sponsors.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    money doesn't always bring in success

example was F1 in Canada, Sato in a year and a half old underfunded team passed and pulled away from the reigning two-time champ and Mclaren (which has a ton of money and resources and also Toyota (who has the biggest budget in F1).

sometimes a little fire will beat the top teams, DEI will go on without Jr. its already proven, Jr. hasn't won in a calendar year and I thought hes such a great driver. Truex has stepped up to the plate now for DEI and has come out swinging.

Hendrick hasn't looked that great with the Cot (even though they've won, they were very lucky) Gibbs has been the class of the field when it comes to that

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kyle Busch's version of events at odds with Hendrick's account

http://www.thatsracin.com/247/story/4858.html

Kyle Busch said Thursday that he has not yet talked with any other race team about where he will drive next season after leaving Hendrick Motorsports at season’s end.
    “This is all brand new,” Busch said in an interview on “The Driver’s Seat” on Sirius Satellite Radio. “I haven’t talked or discussed or done anything with any other team.”
    Busch will leave his No. 5 Chevrolet ride with Hendrick, a move that made room for Dale Earnhardt Jr. to come to the four-car team for 2008 and beyond.
    At Wednesday’s announcement of his deal with Earnhardt Jr., team owner Rick Hendrick said talks over a contract extension with Busch stalled when other owners in the garage started expressing interest in the 22-year-old Busch.
    But Busch said he only found out Monday that he would be out and Earnhardt Jr. would be in starting next year.
    “It’s tough,” Busch said. “You look forward to the future, that’s what you have to do. I think we can all make the best of it.
    “This is all new to me, and having to do it at age 22 is a little more difficult than it might be if I were older and wiser.”
    Hendrick said he believed other team owners had tried to pique Busch’s interests by suggesting that he could become the No. 1 driver on their team, as opposed to being on the Hendrick team with Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.
    “That’s not something that I am too interested in,” Busch said.
    “The biggest thing I am interested in going wherever I can win races, be up front and contend for championships. That’s the ultimate goal.”
    Busch said one reason he left a developmental deal with Roush Racing to sign with Hendrick in the first place was to “get out of the shadow” of his older brother, Kurt, who was then at Roush. Kurt Busch now drives for Penske Racing, and Kyle said he didn’t know if going there would be an option he considers.
    “Maybe that wouldn’t be the best scenario to get back into,” he said.