Regarding Hamilton's qualifying penalty, Masi has mentioned that the reason why the appeal changed was because Red Bull requested a review of the decision after footage from Hamilton's 360 cam was made available to them, and that evidence showed without a doubt that he should have known that there was a yellow flag, which inequivocally meant that he'd earned a penalty.

That said, it was fairly clumsy from the stewards not to have reviewed that footage earlier. I hope they'll learn from this and will review that first before issuing yellow flag penalties. Incidentally, do we know if all cars have these 360 cameras?

And I stand by what I said on Sunday morning about three-grid penalties for yellow flag infringements are a joke - either delete the lap or give them a much sterner drop, because with the midfield as tight as it is, a three-grid drop probably won't be enough to offset the improvement done in one single lap. For instance, in Q1 there was just a 0.161 difference between P5 and P12 and in Q2 it was 0.295 between P3 and P10. In either case an extra lap could have meant a 7 place gain, which means a 4 place net gain after the penalty. If the penalty doesn't offset the advantage gained illegally, the penalty is wrong.