Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
Why is F1 considered the pinnacle of motorsport again?
If nothing else, the cars will always be faster/better than everything else. It's a designated class to be the best.

but why would any normal person prefer F1 to WRC anymore?
F1 is a staple motorsport series, and transcends the boundary of hardened motorsport fans.

So is it just a matter of time before motorsport fans come over to WRC? Does the promoter have to do more to market the series? Or do most people just not have the patience to follow a rally for 3 days? I think it's the marketing, but that's just me.
The vast majority are not going to choose WRC over F1. Relative to F1, it's less practical to follow, less historical and cultural significance. A promoter may improve the state of rallies and the series overall. But as far as taking over the popularity of F1, it'll merely be the equivalent a a hamster in a wheel.

Going back to the first question. The good news is that F1 is not the pinnacle of motorsport, it's the pinnacle of car racing, and one of two pinnacles of 4 wheel motorsport. There's two core "motorsports", tarmac track and off-road. Tarmac track is supposed to replicate driving on public roads, and everything falls in line under F1.

WRC is not held on a tarmac track, and is the pinnacle of off-road motorsport. It's not better or worse than F1, but a different discipline. It's equal as a premier motorsport competition.

Idk how everyone else will react to this, but that's how I see it. I take my views of motorsport pretty seriously as a fan. I look forward to any derision of my opinion.