Page 139 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Actually it is not fully true. (apart from the fact that there is no Mikkelson or Otsberg in WRC)

Breen has better result this year than Meeke (2nd vs 3rd).
    Mikkelsen beat Meeke on both rallies where they raced together (Sardinia - even snail pace was enough to get points and beat Meeks crash, Germany he got second, Meeke got nothing due to crash again + technical, but this time Mikkelsen was also faster than him in 9 out of 13 stages and led him by over a minute in driving time).

Loeb was ahead of Meeke both times when he had puncture and off and beat him on both PS. "Loeb was getting beaten by Lappi in Corsica", he was on Saturday and Sunday + PS, but so was everyone else! Ohh and Lappi crashed causing a puncture in the process

Østberg again beat Meeke on both rallies they raced together in same car (was a lot due to circumstances yes)

--------------
    If anything, the 2nd places of Breen + Mikkelsen and Loeb's speed had debunked the idea that "only Meeke can drive C3 fast".
    Yes only Meeke did win with it. 2 times in 18 rallies, Mikkelsen drove 3, Loeb and Østberg 2, Breen 14 but before C3 his best results was a single 3rd place.

-----------------
    Everyone understands that the crash in Portugal was really just the last drop/excuse for Citroen leadership.

However, there was a major difference compared with Ogier, Latvala, Tanak or Paddon. Those guys crashed when they were in real fights, 2 of them while leading the rally.

Meeke crashed when he was 40s behind Østberg and getting beaten by him in stagetimes (Lappi's penalty was registered first on Sunday). At that point he had nothing to fight for and the crash was completely unnecessary.
    In all my many years following this sport, indeed any sport, I have never, ever come across anybody who has such a festering, obsessive dislike for a person in our sport as MKnight has for Meeke. You are not a rally fan, you are not a sports fan, frankly I don't know what you are other than some self righteous and obnoxious troll that spends endless hours on eWRC compiling silly little lists trying and failing to justify your ego driven, odious little tirades that you post on what seems a daily basis.
    This post is not about me or anybody else being a fan of Meeke. Kris Meeke is a human being, he has a wife, children, a brother and a father. How would you feel if somebody launched constant disparaging tirades of criticism at a member of your family in the manner that you do? This is a public forum and you, whoever you are, should be utterly ashamed of yourself.
    We all have negative opinions on drivers at times but unlike you and one or two of your acolytes we don't make it a part time career.
    Last edited by noel157; 25th May 2018 at 21:45.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (25th May 2018)
    Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    I don't know why this debate is going on, I think Budar's clarification made it clear enough why he was dropped. It makes sense either way, if Citroen doesn't continue they probably don't need the extra repair bills and a win or two won't matter and if they do continue the plan to have Meeke as lead driver isn't working out so they can try to focus on others.

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (26th May 2018),AnttiL (25th May 2018),pantealex (27th May 2018),TWRC (26th May 2018)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Maybe it had been a good idea to let him drive the R5, then it for sure had been tested good. But I guess he did not want to.

To focus more forward, I still feel the best of the rest, is Mr Tidemand. Would be perfect practice for him before Skoda in 2020.
    Paddon is also a good candidate.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think Citroen truly wants either Seb full time, and dropping the lead driver is a part of the plan

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think Citroen truly wants either Seb full time, and dropping the lead driver is a part of the plan
    But does Loeb want Citroen?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    In all my many years following this sport, indeed any sport, I have never, ever come across anybody who has such a festering, obsessive dislike for a person in our sport as MKnight has for Meeke. You are not a rally fan, you are not a sports fan, frankly I don't know what you are other than some self righteous and obnoxious troll that spends endless hours on eWRC compiling silly little lists trying and failing to justify your ego driven, odious little tirades that you post on what seems a daily basis.
    This post is not about me or anybody else being a fan of Meeke. Kris Meeke is a human being, he has a wife, children, a brother and a father. How would you feel if somebody launched constant disparaging tirades of criticism at a member of your family in the manner that you do? This is a public forum and you, whoever you are, should be utterly ashamed of yourself.
    We all have negative opinions on drivers at times but unlike you and one or two of your acolytes we don't make it a part time career.
    My post you just quoted was a response to godlike worship which stated how Meeke "beat these all" in C3.

I do respond to fanboy godlike-worship with facts, and give credit when due. Check out my praises of Meeke after Catalunya and GB last year and after Monte this year. I have nothing against Meeke and I don't launch into any "tirades" against him. I wish him luck in his career and hope we see him (prbly in Fiesta) soon.

Unlikely quite many forum members I write long arguments instead of one liners about "village teams, nobodys etc." For some reason this results in some fans responding with personal attacks.

9. Likes: jparker (27th May 2018),pantealex (27th May 2018),sonnybobiche (27th May 2018),steve.mandzij (26th May 2018)
    Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    I'm very sorry not to see Meeke more in WRC this year. He was an honest person and you felt he was honest when he stated. I'm going to miss him as one of the rally aristocrats.
    I hope to see him back in the WRC where he belongs.
    Last edited by olemann; 25th May 2018 at 22:55.

Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danon View Post
    Mmmmm, food for thought !

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    lol...

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    lol...
    Indeed. Ridiculous theory, Kris wasn't contracted for next year (not that contract seems worth the paper) so dropping him now would have no bearing.