Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
I don't think Ricciardo is quite on the same level as Hamilton, but I do believe he is an exceptionally talented racer and one who could snatch a WDC or two from him as Rosberg did. Let us remember that this is the guy who handed Vettel's backside over to him on a plate. So even if he's not GoaT material as Hamilton or Alonso are, he's not your No. 2 driver either, but someone fully worthy of a WDC crown.
I think he is quite an accomplished driver, and for the most part holds his own against those with equal cars under them. As you said, he beat Seb in points in the same car, and that is no easy feat. But for the record, in equal cars he has also beaten Lewis. If we can't use Top Gear laps as a gauge, then what else do we have?

But the Aussie GP is really just no gauge at all for the most part. At the pointy end of the field, nobody really took a fight to anyone else. Some closed and attempted to fight for position, others probably just realized it was pointless. And really we all know that the aero packages car to car often dictate who can close and fight and who can't, as well as when and where the power differences come to light.