Page 174 of 277 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2762
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    they wont love it like they have the petrol series.

How do you know this already?

Or are you just basing your assumptions on your personal feelings?

Which rallycross tracks have you spectated at Eddie?

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Croft, Lydden Hill and Pembrey.

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    OFF TOPIC: Ignoring the argument about electric, I would urge you get to a European round(s) if you can. Far better spectacle and atmosphere than circuits in the UK!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

4. Likes: A FONDO (1st February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    OFF TOPIC: Ignoring the argument about electric, I would urge you get to a European round(s) if you can. Far better spectacle and atmosphere than circuits in the UK!

Not so sure pal, Lydden is excellent, Brands (unfortunately, used to be) incredible.

Then you'll know, Eddie, that the only time you really get a sense of the noise, is when they leave the start. I get what you are saying about the younger generation not being into cars though... that's probably going to be the biggest challenge for motor sport to overcome, regardless of the type of vehicle racing.

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Not so sure pal, Lydden is excellent, Brands (unfortunately, used to be) incredible.
    Lydden is excellent, it's by far the best of the UK circuits that I have been to and the viewing from around the circuit is excellent...

...but the atmosphere and crowd participation at events in Europe is vastly superior to the UK (plus entry is a lot cheaper as well). I would like to do one (or both) of the Northern European rounds in the next couple of years, as I imagine the atmosphere is even still better at those.

I was told by an old rallycross fan a few years ago that spectating in Europe was a much better experience. I wasn't convinced at first but I'm bloody glad I listened to him now, as he was spot on!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Lydden is excellent, it's by far the best of the UK circuits that I have been to and the viewing from around the circuit is excellent...

...but the atmosphere and crowd participation at events in Europe is vastly superior to the UK (plus entry is a lot cheaper as well). I would like to do one (or both) of the Northern European rounds in the next couple of years, as I imagine the atmosphere is even still better at those.

I was told by an old rallycross fan a few years ago that spectating in Europe was a much better experience. I wasn't convinced at first but I'm bloody glad I listened to him now, as he was spot on!
    I must admit, from an atmosphere point-of-view, I went to a circuit in Belgium years ago (an old go-kart track - tiny place) and it was superb! The Euro's certainly know how to enjoy a good rallycross day out.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Electric may be the future but I dont see it carrying over the current fans in numbers. Or if it does they wont love it like they have the petrol series.
    I agree, but the point is that there will shortly be little alternative, so you either watch electric motorsport or you stop watching motorsport. World RX is obviously ahead of the curve, and possibly a little too soon, but internal combustion will soon be limited to being 'classic' as so few manufacturers will be willing to get on board.

BTW as I understand it the 'main' championship will be RXE, but I suspect that one of the support races will basically be Supercars (most likely the European champs will remain that way for longer).

I'm planning to try either Hell, Loheac or Latvia this season. I have zero desire to show any support for 'Speedmachine' and will probably head to Santa Pod that weekend for drag racing instead.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Btw what have we got confirmed for this year?

VW - Johan & Petter
    EKS - Ekstrom & Bakkerud
    MJP - 2 cars?
    Chicherit
    Peugeot (still not confirmed if with Hansen but Loeb probably involved?)
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I must admit, from an atmosphere point-of-view, I went to a circuit in Belgium years ago (an old go-kart track - tiny place) and it was superb! The Euro's certainly know how to enjoy a good rallycross day out.
    Sounds like Glosso or Mandes!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Btw what have we got confirmed for this year?

VW - Johan & Petter
    EKS - Ekstrom & Bakkerud
    MJP - 2 cars?
    Chicherit
    Peugeot (still not confirmed if with Hansen but Loeb probably involved?)
    Cometoyou have bought 2 cars, if they will run 2, or run 1 with one spare I didn't quite understand from the press release.