Page 36 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I'm partly French but I don't get that. They are only happy if it's a French driver in a French car. I think that's still the biggest reason Citroen turned down Mikkelsen and are holding on to Lefebvre eventhough he's clearly not delivering.
    I believe Mikkelsen just got a better offer from Hyundai, he was talking to them all along and almost joined the team in the spring when he did that test. Also, Hyundai being a better car must have affected his choice, as did the offer to let him drive already the three last events of the season and a full 2018.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 15th December 2017 at 10:02.

2. Likes: pantealex (15th December 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    About Lefebvre is very very plausible, but Citroen need more/better scouts, while another French guy, Camilli driving for M-Sport. Malcolm believed in him, while Citroen doesn't, even he is French.
    Someone here once said that Camilli is at M-Sport because he brings funds from some French sport federation. I really hope he doesn't play a part in M-Sport's third WRC car. He is so mediocre at best. Even in the WRC2 he got usually beaten by much younger drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I believe Mikkelsen just got a better offer from Hyundai, he was talking to them all along and almost joined the team in the spring when he did that test. Also, Hyundai being a better car must have affected his choice, as was the offer to let him drive already the three last events of the season and a full 2018.
    Well fair enough but Citroen's management was surely aware of that. Hyundai is a much more competitive package so they should've known that they need to put in a very juicy offer.

Someone here once said that Camilli is at M-Sport because he brings funds from some French sport federation.
    Seems like everyone knows always something about Camilli's fundings and every time it's a different story. The latest rumor I heard was that he's struggling to get a budget for Monte Carlo.

I really hope he doesn't play a part in M-Sport's third WRC car. He is so mediocre at best. Even in the WRC2 he got usually beaten by much younger drivers.
    But in the end he got more WRC2 points than all the younger drivers except Tidemand...he surely improved towards the end of the season, getting many good drives where he wasn't going for WRC2 points (Sardegna, Finland and Catalunya).

It's actually interesting that the biggest screw ups he made were in Monte Carlo and Tour de Corse, which everyone expects to be his strongest rallies
    Last edited by AnttiL; 15th December 2017 at 08:49.

5. Likes: electroliquid (15th December 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    But in the end he got more WRC2 points than all the younger drivers except Tidemand...he surely improved towards the end of the season, getting many good drives where he wasn't going for WRC2 points (Sardegna, Finland and Catalunya).

It's actually interesting that the biggest screw ups he made were in Monte Carlo and Tour de Corse, which everyone expects to be his strongest rallies
    Agreed but I think there is a much better driver and infinatly more potential in Suninen. It would also be wise to give him a lot of seat time to make an impression on having faith in him. Then there is Østberg who I think is far more solid and already has a lot of experience in the '17 spec Fiesta. I guess there is an argument for giving Camilli a run out in Monte, Corsica, Germany and Spain as asphalt are the weakpoints of both Suninen and Østberg. But even then I suggest giving Teemu a fourth car would be wise as he needs to get experience there eventually.

7. Likes: pantealex (15th December 2017)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    All this speculation over a third M-Sport car. Who has the most potential, who did the best in WRC2. For the third car, whoever finds the biggest sponsor, gets the drive. Simple.

9. Likes: COD (15th December 2017)
    Agreed but I think there is a much better driver and infinatly more potential in Suninen.
    I agree as well, but I always want to set the facts straight

Then there is Østberg
    When Østberg announced a while ago he might be a part of a works team I instantly thought of him being a replacement to Ogier in case of Ogier would retire, and my theory seems confirmed now that he's planning on a WRC2 campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    All this speculation over a third M-Sport car. Who has the most potential, who did the best in WRC2. For the third car, whoever finds the biggest sponsor, gets the drive. Simple.
    Not all that simple, but still a major part in the game.

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Problem is that the French don't care about Ogier. They don't like him at all. Loeb is still their god.
    A shame. Ogier would need to win a title in a Citroen for them to care.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Seems like everyone knows always something about Camilli's fundings and every time it's a different story. The latest rumor I heard was that he's struggling to get a budget for Monte Carlo.

I'd like to see Camilli get a chance in the '17 car, just to see how he has progressed like you say. He's definitely on a decent level. Behind Suninen and Tidemand he's the guy I'd like to see in the car. Again though I think his contract with M-Sport ends Dec 31st - so they aren't obligated to run him.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I'd like to see Camilli get a chance in the '17 car, just to see how he has progressed like you say. He's definitely on a decent level. Behind Suninen and Tidemand he's the guy I'd like to see in the car. Again though I think his contract with M-Sport ends Dec 31st - so they aren't obligated to run him.
    https://rallysportmag.com/shared-wrc...-m-sport-2018/

According to Millener, Eric Camilli is odds on to compete at the sport’s top level as well – probably alongside Suninen in a shared car.

He explained that the team at M-Sport have already put two years into Camilli, and do not want the time and money spent to go to waste.