Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    When wil we know if rally Italia wil be in Sardenga or San Remo?
    Is there a date when this wil be deceided?
    San Remo is not an option due to too little accommodation, if I'm not wrong it was a gravel rally in the Tuscany area they were talking about? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    I was talking to some Italian guys in Hafren on WRGB, and they said that San Remo would never happen as the costs are much to high for the organisers compared with Sardinia.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Why do you and so many others hate Rally Turkey so much? What has it ever done to you?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Why was it dropped the last time it ran btw?
    I've only heard from people that has been there that they don't wish to go back due to the way they were treated and very aggressive street sellers, i guess it's different where the rally runs though. To me the faster the better, huge difference watching onboards from Spain vs Wales, slow long corners on tarmac can get tiresome.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Indonesia might try running an APRC round in August after Malaysia in the dry season. https://fiaaprc.com/2018-aprc-calendar/ Relatively short transport distance between Malaysia and Indonesia. APRC teams don't usually rebuild their cars to WRC standards between events(Wrc returns cars to the factory and have a total strip down and rebuild)
    (China aprc was cancelled this year)
    Indonesia won't happen until they can reliably close the roads. I remember talking to Possum about when he ran there and he accrued 12min of penalties as he cleaned up a family walking down the middle of the road on a blind corner.
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raybak View Post
    Indonesia won't happen until they can reliably close the roads. I remember talking to Possum about when he ran there and he accrued 12min of penalties as he cleaned up a family walking down the middle of the road on a blind corner.
    Wow, i never heard things like that before. When did that happen?

As Indonesian, i admit that could be a problem, and is a problem, although i never heard such complain during its WRC era

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Money, bro. It's always money. Huge market over there for all...''Some very interesting roads'' they say. For me half of the events don't have beautiful scenery, but we can't do anything about it. Yeah, Acropolis (or Greece) have stunning roads and it would be interesting to see that again. But unfortunately no words were about that at the moment.
    Money, politics, contacts. Greece had big chance to replace Poland for 2017, but it didnt happened. Now the situation is much worse for them...

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    I was talking to some Italian guys in Hafren on WRGB, and they said that San Remo would never happen as the costs are much to high for the organisers compared with Sardinia.
    On the WRC website the calendar graphic does specify Sardinia now. So it's looking good - despite no official confirmation yet. I think next year will be the final time it's in Sardinia though.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    I remember last year when discussions was about sardegna. And they want to held event on continent but was no do because of earthquake damage or something..

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Why do you and so many others hate Rally Turkey so much? What has it ever done to you?

I think some of us don't like the fact that Turkey came out of nowhere, having done nothing previously to deserve inclusion and bought it's way into the championship...

10. Likes: sonnybobiche (16th November 2017)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts

It's quite easy to understand, why some of us that are into international politics think a WRC-round in turkey is wrong.
    Erdogan is one of them, the undoubtly not good situation in the country is an other one.
    A country that put mayor parts of its socalled "enemies" into jail, without any scentence or fair trail, is not worthy eighter tourists or a world championship of any sort.
    Its been like a WRC-round in Israel or Saudi Arabia.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

12. Likes: WRC1 (6th November 2017)