Page 87 of 523 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Only 99%?
    Only Tommi can give 100%
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

2. Likes: AL14 (22nd December 2016),Andre Oliveira (20th December 2016),dimviii (20th December 2016)
    Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Ogier interview with RedBull.tv

So Sébastien, how hard was it to decide between the team options you had for 2017?
    It is never easy to find a solution, especially with this timing. For sure we had some rough weeks where we needed to think about all the options we had and try to make the best choice out of it. What motivated me to go [with M-Sport] was definitely the passion that I felt in this team and the motivation they had to try and have us on board. It was nice to see this. Also, I had a chance to try the car before signing and I immediately felt its potential. Of course it's going to be difficult. We have very little time to adapt to it and try to make it more suitable to us, so we will probably have a difficult start to the season. But at least it’s a motivating challenge and we will give our best.

What do you make of your new boss Malcolm Wilson and what he’s built with M-Sport?
    Our relationship so far is at the beginning. We don’t know each other much yet but I always had a good impression of him and I’m sure he's a very good team boss, doing things with his heart and a lot of passion. That’s one of the things that convinced me to join this team, and I think it's a very human adventure we will have. Even if the team is most probably working with a smaller budget than the others, the passion can have a strong power and affect on the results. Let's see what we can achieve. I'm definitely looking forward [to the season] and I think so far I am very happy with the first discussions we’ve had. Having someone you can trust in a partnership is important. It’s definitely a good challenge to try to bring this team back to success after many years of struggle

So how much more time are you going to get with the M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC before Monte Carlo?
    Not much. I had two days already last week in Sweden for the first test and now I have a break of two weeks, which I also really need as the season was long and, like everyone, you need to recharge the batteries again and have some good family time. I will have another test in January before the rally, which is normally two days, so it will not be much time in this car.
    Hopefully the feeling comes very quickly, but that's why I said we have a big challenge in front of us. It’s a bit early to know what we will be able to achieve. I have achieved a lot these last [four] years, and I feel that I’m in a position where I have nothing to lose. I have nothing to prove any more and I will try my best. It’s definitely a good challenge to try to bring this team back to success after many years of struggle.

Who do you think will be your strongest rivals in 2017?
    Right now, I don’t really know which position I will be in. I am not sure we can still talk about me as a favourite as it’s a new challenge with a lot of questions marks, and right now I think it's a bit too early to give any prognostics. First of all, I will focus on myself and on finding the best feeling possible. I would love to tell you right now what is my real target for next year; of course I hope to perform well, but I’m not sure yet if it’s realistic to speak about it or not. I am not sure we can still talk about me as a favourite.

You'll be partnered with Ott Tänak in 2017. What did you make of his performance throughout the 2016 season and how do you think he'll get on as your team-mate?
    It will be an interesting partnership, because he is definitely a talented driver who has done some good performances this year. He didn’t manage to win but was very close to his first victory in the WRC [in Poland]. I don’t know him so well, but the first feeling is that he’s a nice guy and I'm looking forward to working with him and trying, together with him, to bring this team closer to the top.

How has the arrival of your son Tim changed you and your feelings towards rallying? It must be getting harder to leave for events and testing…
    It has made it more difficult to leave home. To become a father changed my life for sure. It makes me think a bit differently and have a different perspective about life. There were many years when I was completely focussed on racing, and of course now I continue to do it professionally and give my best but I want to… enjoy time with my family. I want to be a good dad, that is one of my targets now. It has become harder to leave and it will get even worse when he grows up and starts to talk. I’m sure his Mum will teach him his first sentence to be, ‘Dad stay home’! We have had so many good times already this year and I could not be more happy at the moment. We've achieved much more than I was hoping for 10 years ago.

So finally, 2016 marked the 10-year anniversary of your rally career – it must be hard to believe how much you’ve achieved in that time?
    For sure it has gone quickly. You always look forward in life [but] sometimes it’s nice to look back on what you’ve done. Over the 10 years, I’ve been flying, but at the same time we've achieved much more than I was hoping for 10 years ago. When I started, I was hoping to reach the WRC and the ultimate dream was to be world champion. We achieved that and even more, as now we are four-time world champions. So it’s been a fantastic adventure over those 10 years and it’s not over. Let's see what the future brings now.

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/motorsp...msport-signing
    #M-SPORTER

4. Likes: A FONDO (22nd December 2016),smsgrafica (22nd December 2016),spark13 (23rd December 2016)
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Everyone wanted VW cars cause Ogier won with that.

Now, everyone wants a M-Sport car. Poor WRC Trophy. At least 6 Fiesta WRC 2017 in Portugal. 4 at Sweden.

6. Likes: spark13 (23rd December 2016)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    What will some usual suspects say if Ostberg drives the same "worst of all" car as Ogier?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: itix (24th December 2016)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    What will some usual suspects say if Ostberg drives the same "worst of all" car as Ogier?
    I am sure MSport will build a special one with 'problems' for Mads.

10. Likes: Andre Oliveira (23rd December 2016),cali (23rd December 2016),dupanton (23rd December 2016),EightGear (23rd December 2016),er88 (25th December 2016),itix (24th December 2016),kure91 (23rd December 2016),pantealex (23rd December 2016),seb_sh (23rd December 2016),Sulland (23rd December 2016)
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    M-Sport: What are you hoping to find under your Christmas tree tomorrow? #WRC

Red Bull logo

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    What's with this fascination of Red Bull ...
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    What's with this fascination of Red Bull ...
    money kid...

you think wilson would pay for Ogiers salary ?

14. Likes: WRC1 (25th December 2016)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    money kid...

you think wilson would pay for Ogiers salary ?
    But Red Bull is not the only other company.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    M-Sport: What are you hoping to find under your Christmas tree tomorrow? #WRC

Red Bull logo
    YESS There is red bull logo under the cover on the bonnet